Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bandages
Since we're getting more and more things that inflict bleeding damage, and since Cogs has intensified bleeding damage, I was thinking that the station could do with things like bandages, or tourniquets. You can't always get to medbay, and half the time when you do there's nobody there to help, so you can bleed out quite easily. How about giving us the ability to tear apart uniforms?

If you hold a uniform in your hand and click it, (Or PgDn) it should turn into a bandage, which you can then put in either your belt slot or helmet slot to stop bleeding. All it does it negate the damage that bleeding would do to you, so you have to keep it on for the full duration of how long your bleed is set to go for. Also, it gives you a big, obvious mummy sprite, and takes up a valuable, important slot.

But mainly, I'm thinking it would be funny for somebody bleeding out in the bar to have to make the choice between having clothes, or stitching themselves up, and then dragging themselves down to medbay butt naked except for the gauze wrapped around their head.
I like this idea. Perhaps there could be proper medical bandages in medbay too? Also, it should take a little bit of time to apply a bandage to yourself or others.

Maybe a chemical that helps stop blood loss could be added too? (e.g. quikclot)
You can't just mention QuikClot and not link the video.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e9xvIbKBJn4 bypass for the sign-in think like me if you are lazy. OBVIOUSLY nswf,
Most bleeding only lasts like, 3 seconds. By the time you got the bandage on the damage would already be done.

This idea would only work on the,tg build, where bleeding lasts forever without treatment.

(bay station medical is fucking amazing, by the way)

That said, perhaps bleeding could be reworked a bit? As of right now it's kindof overpowered
UrsulaMejor Wrote:Most bleeding only lasts like, 3 seconds. By the time you got the bandage on the damage would already be done.

This idea would only work on the,tg build, where bleeding lasts forever without treatment.

(bay station medical is fucking amazing, by the way)

That said, perhaps bleeding could be reworked a bit? As of right now it's kindof overpowered

Um...

Captain_Bravo Wrote:Since we're getting more and more things that inflict bleeding damage, and since Cogs has intensified bleeding damage, I was thinking that the station could do with things like bandages, or tourniquets.

Dr. Cogwerks post="415510697 Wrote:On a related note, I've made bullet-type weapons significantly more violent by dramatically raising the duration of bleeding damage. If you're unlucky with the randomizer rolls, you can bleed out from a single unattended bullet over a few minutes.
Expect Medbay to be a lot more busy.

v
I sprited a full set of by-body-part bandages months ago, a different coder has been working on implementing them. They'll happen eventually. They'd function as mob overlays beneath the uniform layer, slap 'em onto the wound.

With the full set of bandages on, you look like a mummy.

That coder's project also involves making bleeding and wounds more body-part specific too, but I can't comment too much more on that because I don't really know where he's at with it.

So, uh, yeah, hang tight. Bandages and more medbay stuff are still being worked on behind the scenes.
I think bleed should work differently.

There should be "Light" bleeding and "Heavy" bleeding.

Light should be from shit like people being punched a tonne o being hit by heavy items like toolboxes. You'll bleed a bit, maybe a clothing item will get bloody, and you'll take relevant amounts of damage from openly bleeding. If you're in green or yellow health, it should heal on it's own pretty quickly.

Heavy should be serious; stab wounds, gunshot wounds, shrapnel or whatever. Will openly make a tonne of blood on the floor, coat your clothes, and if you've been bleeding for long enough, you'll start getting hazy vision, maybe walking a bit wonky, and eventually you could die from blood loss.
If you start bleeding heavy, you best use a bandage or medical chems soon or you'll end up losing a tonne of blood. Alternatively you can use a Grab on yourself to put pressure on it, meaning you'll have one less hand useable.

I just want bleeding to be less "oh I'm shot and 3 seconds later I'm ok but all my blood is on the floor", and more of a worrysome thing.
Bandages should stop it instantly, chems should stop it very quickly, a pressure grab and enough time might stop it before you lose too much blood and an open gunfight with you bleeding from the face and shooting back with two revolvers will end up with you and all your blood all over wherever you were fighting.
Instead of aa clothing item, why not make it an applying item like the old healing tools. In fact, I'm pretty sure that the old brute damage healing item was bandages
Weavel Wrote:I just want bleeding to be less "oh I'm shot and 3 seconds later I'm ok but all my blood is on the floor", and more of a worrysome thing.

This is already the case, I just haven't put it in the changelog yet. Was observing to see how it was playing out. You'll keep bleeding for quite awhile now and steadily take damage until the bullet is removed.
Cogwerks Wrote:This is already the case, I just haven't put it in the changelog yet. Was observing to see how it was playing out. You'll keep bleeding for quite awhile now and steadily take damage until the bullet is removed.

To reinforce this info, I was shot by the detective 3 times yesterday, and took damage for more than 20 minutes, bleeding and getting knocked down every once in a while until I finally decided to go to medbay and get the bullets out.
You have to pull bullets out of your body now? Ah fuck yes.