Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Pathology disease ideas
I think pathology needs more content in bad and good diseases, here are some ideas for the bad ones:

Vomiting bees, similar to eating a bee egg with tox damage. T3.
Turning into an angry bee while gibing that attacks humans, similar to royal initro. T5, more evil version of above.
Zombie virus, slowly turning you into a zombie, the pathology version of necrovirus reagent. T5.
Bleeding, with each stage you start bleeding more and more until dissolving into a blood foam. T5.
Clown virus, your screaming gets replaced by honking and you grow a clown mask. T3.
(10-10-2017, 06:12 AM)Rocket Wrote: Cluwne virus, your screaming gets replaced by honking and you grow a clown mask. T3.
I'd say pathology needs more gimmicky and helpful stuff, rather than killingy things. Currently path's in the same category as toxins, in that it's largely useless to a non-traitor.
Positive symptom ideas:
  • Causes your face to grow a pair of sunglasses. Tier one only
  • Increased stamina regen. Power scales with tier. Tier five makes you unstunnable.
  • Health regen. Power scales with tier. Higher tiers can regrow limbs and even organs at tier five.
  • Random, positive mutations that do not effect stability. Higher tiers can grant better mutations.
  • Stabilizing your body temperature, raising it if you are cold and lowering it if you are hot. Tier five effectively grants you the thermal immunity mutation.
  • Remains inactive in your bloodstream until you go into crit, after which it releases several powerful healing chemicals and dies, similar to a robusttec implant. Tiers 3-5 only, higher tiers give more powerful healing chemicals.
(10-10-2017, 05:36 PM)Lord Birb Wrote: Positive symptom ideas:
  • Causes your face to grow a pair of sunglasses. Tier one only
  • Increased stamina regen. Power scales with tier. Tier five makes you unstunnable.
  • Health regen. Power scales with tier. Higher tiers can regrow limbs and even organs at tier five.
  • Random, positive mutations that do not effect stability. Higher tiers can grant better mutations.
  • Stabilizing your body temperature, raising it if you are cold and lowering it if you are hot. Tier five effectively grants you the thermal immunity mutation.
  • Remains inactive in your bloodstream until you go into crit, after which it releases several powerful healing chemicals and dies, similar to a robusttec implant. Tiers 3-5 only, higher tiers give more powerful healing chemicals.

Imagine if you engineered powerful healing/stamina/temperature viruses and released them on the station. You could effectively make a bunch of semi-immortal freaks. It'd be hilarious to see a traitor trying to kill people in certain ways and repeatedly failing because they have the virus.

Imagine, a round where stuns don't exist.

EDIT: I'm personally totally cool with the idea of Pathology having very wide-spreading repercussions if you're a big enough nerd to learn how to do it with consistency. Positive ones would make it all the better.
fairly certain the growing sunglasses one already exists

as does health regen (though its split into several symptoms)
How about pathogens that curb and eliminate the negatives associated with certain chems and foods?

Like ones that prevent food poisoning, nerf or eliminate addiction levels, expand or eliminate withdrawal and overdose levels, etc?

Maybe ones that change the way you metabolize things so things like sugar have a chance to decay into things like omnizine in your gut?
Space Cancer: spooky messages about feeling like you're rotting, limbs turning black and then falling off, eventually heart rotting.

Extreme Paranoia: People's appearances are randomized, ranging from traitors to clowns to nuke ops. Most, if not all items are now traitor items if seen by you.

Muscle Atrophy: You can't run anymore and you can't pick up normal items and above.
All that's kept me from it is the lack of Positive and Neutral symptoms. Pathology is basically Medical's version of Toxins, but even worse. If you're in Toxins you might just wanna blow up some martians. Pathology requires 'human' vectors so you're either killing the station or learning how.
As someone who can't stand pathology (seriously, if there's anything on Goonstation I legitimately don't like, it's the virus oven), I think we should focus on making things that would be harmless at worst, but especially focus on positive viruses. I don't know much about it, but I do know that anything positive is not worth working towards.

At this point, if you're doing something in Pathology, you're doing something to fuck with people, and even if you're an antag, I hate being unable to do anything for minutes at a time because you made Space Aids.
"the pathogen is wearing tiny sunglasses"
(10-10-2017, 08:25 PM)PH77SER Wrote: Space Cancer: spooky messages about feeling like you're rotting, limbs turning black and then falling off, eventually heart rotting.

Extreme Paranoia: People's appearances are randomized, ranging from traitors to clowns to nuke ops. Most, if not all items are now traitor items if seen by you.

Muscle Atrophy: You can't run anymore and you can't pick up normal items and above.

The first two exist already in more or less similar way.

Here's some ideas for good things:
Borghuman, open doors and operate machinery from distance like a borg.
Healing touch, from the macho man ability, revive or heal while losing half of your health.

And a bad/strange one:
Alien lungs, areas with breathable air become toxic, while space and toxic air areas become fine.
(10-11-2017, 06:41 AM)Rocket Wrote: Borghuman, open doors and operate machinery from distance like a borg.

I'd prefer Technokinesis
(10-10-2017, 08:25 PM)PH77SER Wrote: Extreme Paranoia: People's appearances are randomized, ranging from traitors to clowns to nuke ops. Most, if not all items are now traitor items if seen by you.
Already exists
(10-11-2017, 06:41 AM)Rocket Wrote: Here's some ideas for good things:
Borghuman, open doors and operate machinery from distance like a borg.
Healing touch, from the macho man ability, revive or heal while losing half of your health.

I think those works better as a genetic mutation not a symptom
an aging virus that increases your character's age

Borg Gherig's Disease: limbs slowly start turning robotic ending with your heart

i feel like there's a joke here about vaccinations and autism but i cant think of anything