Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
choosing different floor tiles
i've noticed that in different areas of the station, the floortiles look the same no matter what. if you put down some in medbay, they come out white and blue, white and yellow in engineering and qm and etecetera

what i'd like to suggest or otherwise propose is the ability to choose what color your floortiles come out as. it'd be nice to be able to choose what color they are. or if you could just put some carpet on them, you could lay down carpet tiles, like the one in the captain's room or arcade, or in the new stock exchange or chapel
Maybe clicking the floor tile in your hand, or combining it with paint/carpet to create a menu of options? I would like to see this change, since custom lairs that weird spacemen make often look pretty bland with their dark grey floors at the moment. I want to see a weird vampire den with red carpet and dim lighting or whatever that the vampire insists on eating people in, among other thematic sights.
New Janitor/Engineer item: the Tile-O-Matik. Load some floor tiles, select a color/texture by clicking on the device, and click on tileless spaces to launch some floor into place. Add in some sort of pneumatic system for a cooldown (to avoid people using it as a weapon too much) and you've got a quick way to make a brand new station!
I like the idea of being able to change whole stacks of tiles for it's simplicity, though from the looks of it, it seems like the tiles are always there and what you are doing by adding tiles is just revealing them. If it's that way, then changing the actual floor directly would probably be easier to code.

I think think something like this would warrant a new item. It could act like the plan designator in construction mode, except instead of constructing on space tiles it's only job would be changing the looks of already existing tiles. Walls to wonderwalls. Floors to fancyfloors. Windows to windows98. It could take paint as ammunition and maybe a few extra ingredients for special walls. Meat slurry for meat walls, etc. You could make an interior designer JotD that spawns with fully filled one. Lots of color on those days, I'd reckon.
I like this idea, and it's already implemented in a way. One of the construction mode guns. The green one (I forgot what it's called, its been awhile) Can change floor items into pretty much ANY floor type in the game. They would just need to cut out the things that aren't station type tiles (Like rock floors, lava, etc) and maybe make it cost something (RCD ammo? Energy?)
(05-23-2015, 03:07 AM)Silvercloud29 Wrote: I like this idea, and it's already implemented in a way. One of the construction mode guns. The green one (I forgot what it's called, its been awhile) Can change floor items into pretty much ANY floor type in the game. They would just need to cut out the things that aren't station type tiles (Like rock floors, lava, etc) and maybe make it cost something (RCD ammo? Energy?)

holy shit what loool
(12-28-2017, 11:02 AM)ZeWaka Wrote: holy shit what loool

Ack! Necromancer!