Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Minor AI eye bugs
With the new AI eye thing, if you are tracking a wizard and they sycar nila to their shuttle, you can still see what happens on the shuttle, if you don't move. I just accidently saw a wizard respawn with soulguard while no one else knew. Didn't say anything of course.

Also, the eye very often flies off into space uncontrollably when I move it, but it could be cause of some lag as well. (this is probably lag)

When in the AI eye, not in the core, there is a verb called "ai cancel call" with that punctuation, which recalls the shuttle when pressed. To my knowledge, AI's shouldn't be able to recall the shuttle.

edit: also the eye doesn't retrack automatically when losing someone. it says it will retry in five seconds then doesn't
Someone mentioned this already existed but I'm not seeing it. Feel free to merge with existing bug thread if I'm just shortsighted.

Major:

- tracking is kind of messed up. The camera loses people a lot, often failing to retrack them after they move through a static area or walk into a bush.

- you can't jump to an area if a fire alarm/power alert is going off, you have to manually float there.

- interfacing with computers seems kind of messed up. Was able to interface with QM ordering computer, DWAINE terminals and such on one round, but not on the other. Also, even when it worked it was laggy as hell. 

- the AI shell is affected by the staticy areas and can't see stuff there

Minor:

- you can poke the crusher, obliterating your core

- you can load yourself onto the cargo tug

- being a ghost, you can rotate chairs and activate the ouija board

- you can open/close lockers and crates you float near with the local menu

- you can load and unload artifacts from their testing machines

- you can telesci yourself as an AI observer ghost, though if you end up somewhere off the z-level you get booted back to your core, and if it's in a static area it promptly statics up when you move.

- floating through portals/wormholes teleports you

Some of these I didn't experience myself, just heard about secondhand from earlier in the day. Might have been fixed since then.
(10-08-2017, 09:47 AM)Roomba Wrote: - you can poke the crusher, obliterating your core

- being a ghost, you can rotate chairs and activate the ouija board

Feature!
actually the crushering didn't destroy your core, it just destroyed your connection to it. there were two cores in there later, after you got revived
I fixed some of these. I'm gonna edit all your posts to check off the ones that are fixed.

(10-08-2017, 09:47 AM)Roomba Wrote: - interfacing with computers seems kind of messed up. Was able to interface with QM ordering computer, DWAINE terminals and such on one round, but not on the other. Also, even when it worked it was laggy as hell. 

In my testing, the computers worked the same as they do when touched by a human. HOWEVER there may be certain computers that do not respond to AI touch (or force you to stand on them as you operate them), so please mention which computers specifically that you run into problems with.
Roomba, this is the merged thread, little bump for you.

Also, there was one computer I tried to use from the AI eye thing but I don't remember which one it was that didn't let me cause I was too far away. Might have been a security records one? I'll mess with them when I next play AI
(10-08-2017, 05:20 PM)mbc Wrote: In my testing, the computers worked the same as they do when touched by a human. HOWEVER there may be certain computers that do not respond to AI touch (or force you to stand on them as you operate them), so please mention which computers specifically that you run into problems with.

The computers worked fine this round, but near the end I had trouble opening up door panels and the turret controls, so I'm guessing it's less a computer bug and more a general 'sometimes windows that should pop up don't for no apparent reason' bug.

Some other bugs I discovered:

- you can't manipulate turrets via the turret control in eye form because they show up as locked on the panel, and you can't unlock them in eye form.

- thanks to the most recent update, you can enter VR pods as an observer ghost

- you can click-drag people to stuff them into nearby closets and crates
(10-12-2017, 09:53 AM)Roomba Wrote: Also I'm pretty sure some of those staticy areas are off. I feel like the AI on Cog1 requires sight of the immediate area of space around its core at the very least, since I've been killed uncountable times by someone quietly RCD/thermiting their way through there.

While you're right, please keep this thread to bug reports only. Additional cameras will be added and are part of a separate development "process" (bug fixing vs feature completion).
AI can observe actions performed within the static. Watched a Ling drag someone into static and got the message about the probiscus
Not exactly AI related, but with the new cams system, if you observe an AI, all you see is them sitting in their core, not what they can see on the cams.
The AI Eye cannot interact with APCs.

The AI Eye cannot see Killswitch Alerts.
(10-13-2017, 02:11 PM)YoukCat Wrote: The AI Eye cannot interact with APCs.

The AI Eye cannot see Killswitch Alerts.

I’ve interacted with APCs before as an AI eye, I recall. I think that’s just part of the general ‘sometimes windows that should be popping up don’t’ bug.
You can manipulate the turret controls using keyboard shortcuts (shift/alt click afaik) but not regularly with the AI eye, yeah
Major: On Donut 2, the AI room is entirely static for the AI.
[Image: x4j6.png]
Installing cameras to the room would fix this.
Giving it the "It's a camera" trait just like the Robuddies have would fix this along with the minor bug listed below.

Minor: The static overlay cache does not reset when "Return to Mainframe" in "AI Commands" tab is executed.
This problem is evident when all the cameras, in the room it resides in, do not exist or are cut. The only workaround for this is to simply, physically, re-enter the area to get rid of off the static, but that would require you to be in a different room, enter the mainframe and only then enter the area for it to be clear from static.

Minor: The "AI Display" panels, that show the AI's expression, turn blank whenever the AI is in the AI Eye mode, therefore eliminating any reason to interact with it.

(10-13-2017, 07:32 PM)Roomba Wrote:
(10-13-2017, 02:11 PM)YoukCat Wrote: The AI Eye cannot interact with APCs.

I’ve interacted with APCs before as an AI eye, I recall. I think that’s just part of the general ‘sometimes windows that should be popping up don’t’ bug.

This is because you have to be close to anything to interact with it as the AI Eye.
You cannot interact with things from distance with it.
The AI can identify Special Blob Tiles, even if it's in static.