Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Minor AI eye bugs
Major:
-AIs can also enter the VR as "Virtual Spectres" in which they're be able to talk and hear deadchat.

Minor:
-AIs can plant seeds into the plant trays.
-AIs can transfer chems from one container to another.
-AIs can also open/close gas canisters and change the release pressure.
(11-06-2017, 07:59 AM)sydne66 Wrote: Minor:

What's the interaction to achieve these? Just want to make sure we understand how you're doing the above. I assume drag-n-drop?
(11-06-2017, 08:10 AM)Mordent Wrote:
(11-06-2017, 07:59 AM)sydne66 Wrote: Minor:

What's the interaction to achieve these? Just want to make sure we understand how you're doing the above. I assume drag-n-drop?

Yep. First of all you'll have to be standing right next to the stuff you're interacting with. If you want to plant seeds click-drag them onto the plant tray and if you want to transfer chemicals you'll just need to click-drag one container onto another.
I feel like some of these interactions are almost feature-worthy.
things like canisters are ostensibly electornic, what with the blinky lights and safety systems and whatnot.

also the idea of an AI botany assistant is cute. ( trays kinda technology right ? )
The AEYE can interact with a pod lock.
(11-12-2017, 01:37 AM)Technature Wrote: The AEYE can interact with a pod lock.

if i remember correctly, borgs can too, and maybe just the AI normally? could be full of shit though
When I move as the AI eye, a number gets posted in the chat box. It some times changes, but mostly stays the same. Not sure what causes it to change.
A few things i did before it showed up was stay in the "Space station 13" logo room in the adventure zone and peek at the map thats now visible due to widescreen.

https://gyazo.com/8f2a9ff9c11634adf43c4ffe8ac3e802
(11-12-2017, 12:28 PM)EristheSlackWyrm Wrote: When I move as the AI eye, a number gets posted in the chat box. It some times changes, but mostly stays the same. Not sure what causes it to change.
https://gyazo.com/8f2a9ff9c11634adf43c4ffe8ac3e802

https://webmshare.com/eLBOq
I'm not getting this.
the issue with number was fix
fixed the blob organ visibility
It seems the AI can no longer interact with its own turrets to change or shut down/turn them on without someone unlocking it, which kind of defeats the purpose.

I haven't tested this from the main AI location, but this seems kind of major.
(11-29-2017, 12:22 PM)Technature Wrote: It seems the AI can no longer interact with its own turrets to change or shut down/turn them on without someone unlocking it, which kind of defeats the purpose.

I haven't tested this from the main AI location, but this seems kind of major.

this bug still exists, fyi. the only workaround atm is using SHIFT + CTRL to switch it on/off & taser/laser.

I think due to the AI eye thing, it stopped showing the name of the person that uploaded a law.
I seem to recall that the game spat out the uploader's name the moment they uploaded a law, but it doesn't do that anymore because it treats the mainframe and the AI eye separately, so these events aren't connected anymore.
This is useful when there's a "whoever uploaded this law is the one you should listen to" in a custom law - I was busy elsewhere to catch the name of whoever uploaded it.
Idk if this has been reported yet or not, but having your core destroyed while in Eye form will cause the static to stay when you become an actual ghost.
tracking someone who teleports off station to somewhere with no cameras causes my game to crash
Some problems that still exist:

- AI eye has trouble interacting with AI turrets, even when right next to them

- Game crashes often when deploying to shell/canceling and returning to mainframe (either as shell or eye)

- Right-clicks are all interpreted as left-clicks for AI shell, making certain actions impossible