Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Minor AI eye bugs
(10-17-2017, 11:29 PM)Technature Wrote: The AI can identify Special Blob Tiles, even if it's in static.

[Image: blob.PNG]

(10-17-2017, 11:29 PM)Technature Wrote: The AI can identify Special Blob Tiles, even if it's in static.
Using the eye-ghost to interact with computers or terminals causes every line to be printed twice(as in the full response is show on screen 2 times, one response above the other.).
I do vaguely recall seeing a similar bug before the eye-ghost was a thing, I think it may be just an "AI using terminal"-thing.
AI's eye-ghost can remove items from people.
They can also see through cut cameras.
The AI eye can drag things into lockers and take people's clothes off.

Made me spookier than the wraith.
(10-26-2017, 07:24 PM)Superlagg Wrote: The AI eye can drag things into lockers and take people's clothes off.

Made me spookier than the wraith.

FEATURE Yeah maybe that shouldn't happen...
If the AI core is brought to another z-level (through telescience or otherwise), and the AI eye recalls back to the mainframe, then it's stuck there and can't return to the station.
First of all: I love this system. Thank you, MBC.
I got a chance to try it out and found these three bugs:

1. (trivial) When somebody connects to you with TermOS and sends you messages, you can only click on their address to reply to them while in your core. Clicking it does nothing as an eye.
  2. (very trivial) While in an AI eye, your character name shows up as "?" in mentor IRC.
  3. (minor-ish?) While in an eye, you don't receive alerts when getting killswitched. Unless you're told or check the robotics console, it seems your first warning is death.
  • The eye gets affected by anything that pulls physical objects with gravitational force.
  • It is possible to hit the eye with a projectile from the laser gun. It does not really do anything and I am not sure as how to reproduce the event, but I was hit by a laser when I stood on the tile, or the pixel, the shooter was aiming at. This could become a problem, albeit a minor one, if the eye entity is coded in a way so that it gets hit first rather than whatever is underneath it
(10-28-2017, 04:18 AM)parf Wrote:
  • The eye gets affected by anything that pulls physical objects with gravitational force.
  • It is possible to hit the eye with a projectile from the laser gun. It does not really do anything and I am not sure as how to reproduce the event, but I was hit by a laser when I stood on the tile, or the pixel, the shooter was aiming at. This could become a problem, albeit a minor one, if the eye entity is coded in a way so that it gets hit first rather than whatever is underneath it

That last one sounds like an excuse to do a gimmick involving godly magic protecting someone.

Or a magic show.

"Watch as I take this laser to the face and nothing happens to me!"

But the AI wasn't informed about it or had to open a door and the magician died.

Wait, what was I talking about?
The AI can open/close crates by using the LOCAL menu to move into them (PLEASE DON'T FIX I WANNA BE SPOOKY)

The AI can ENTER THE CLONING SCANNER using the same tactic as before. No, we cannot clone it. Yes, we tried.
(10-29-2017, 02:57 AM)YoukCat Wrote: The AI can ENTER THE CLONING SCANNER using the same tactic as before. No, we cannot clone it. Yes, we tried.

Now, I wonder if you can give superpowers to an AI eye.
Nope, we also tried that. Cloning Machines only accept organics :<
The AEye can hear nearby birds even without an intercom.

And apparently can be painted.
The AI  eye can be sucked into the loafer by pushing whatever button this was: https://gyazo.com/119f25053c8e067a1061a2612dedad3d

Getting sucked in means the client crashes, and upon reconnecting, I got turned into a ghost named "Observer" no longer the AI. And upon admin fiddlery I got back into the AI core, but no longer able to be the ghost eye.
If the AI's ghost observer ever enters VR, it will periodically lose the ability to bring up APC/Door menus for the rest of the round. This can be temporarily fixed by deploying as a shell/borg and opening/closing a menu there (which restores the ability to use APC/Door menus) but the problem will continue to recur.

The ghost observer cannot bring up the menus for DWAINE Terminals, wireless computers, the mainframe, Robotics Control, printers, Personal Computers, Medical Computers, Security Computers, windoors, airbridge computers, Announcement computers and Quartermaster's Consoles.

The AI can use Move to Top and Move Inside as a ghost observer.

Clicking the AI Core to bring up a camera list results in you bringing up the 'deploy to what' menu directly after.