Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Update the Cog1 Armory
(10-09-2017, 05:03 AM)Vitatroll Wrote: I like the idea of potent but short-ranged shotguns. A lot, actually.

I'd like to see better armor in the armory. The best. Not that lead-and-concrete armor. Maybe even an armor for different situations. Also a complete set of power ranger armor so I can laugh my ass off.

On guns, I'd like actual anti-whatever weaponry. Weapons good against certain antags, but practically useless against other things. Sounds dumb even to me, but in a fun way.

If Goon is gonna do anti x weaponry, I think it should be weapons that are probably gonna be stolen for their side feature rather then their main use.

For instance a rifle that shoots UV rays, but is mostly used by the crew to give free tans but also has the side effect of setting vampires on fire. masks and anything worn over the armor slot should render this gun less effective as they block out UV light.

Give Armory one of those ghost buster goggles + guns, but make it so that security can't use it to find dead people, just see generic looking ghosts. That will be their wraith defense assuming someone doesn't use it to collect ectoplasm.

Brig Hair Trimmer: A safer variant of the barbershop's knives, this thing turns anyone and everything bald. Assuming wizards still lose all their power when their beard is shaved a officer that can get close enough can remove the power of any wizard, or remove the hairdo of every prisoner in brig.
I don't like the idea of anti-X weaponry that specifically effects certain antag types while leaving the rest unharmed. Part of the fun of the game is that you have to balance taking out enemies with collateral damage to the crew, and that occasionally the clown gets beat up for wearing wiz robes during a wizard round, or someone gets lynched because he was mistaken for a ling (heck, that's the theoretical modus operandi of the sneaky antags like lings or vamps). The game loses something if you can just spray everyone with the anti-ling minigun and then go 'well, none of you are dead, you're all good to go, moving on'.

(And yes, I know something of the sort already exists in the form of the vampire's weakness to holy water. I don't like that either, but as long as that's an isolated case specific to vampires I can deal with it.)
For the record I just want the armory to be on par with Cog2's armory. Not better or worse just at the same standard.
(10-15-2017, 12:45 AM)Roomba Wrote: I don't like the idea of anti-X weaponry that specifically effects certain antag types while leaving the rest unharmed. Part of the fun of the game is that you have to balance taking out enemies with collateral damage to the crew, ...
Fair. My original line of thought was around making things like flares being a tad more useful against the pyrophobic. The 'practically useless' bit was dumb and didn't take into account our server's playstyle or game limitations.

I really like the UV rifle though, just not for it's intended purpose. lolololerlerlslzollin'

and yeah, I'll just state that I agree with Ed. Bringing cog1's armory in line with cog2's is a good goal.
Okay, here's what I did to the Armory. Let me know your thoughts.

Removed:
  • two special equipment lockers
  • IV drips
  • air mix gas tanks
  • tranq rifle, magazines that were out in the open
  • straight jackets, blindfolds, anti-psychotics
Added:
  • anti-biological crate
  • special grenades crate
  • tranq crate
  • riot gear
  • thermals
  • box of flashbangs
  • AmmoTech
I also made a couple changes to sec in general.

Removed:
  • two orange wardrobes
  • foldable chair from genpop
Added:
  • another forensic scanner to interrogation room
  • random medkit spawner to the area near the secure dock
  • emergency supplies closet, firefighting supplies closet
  • paper, pen, to genpop
Sad about the orange wardrobes but other than that looks great. Pretty much what I wanted and more. Thank you!