Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Minor new higher framerate leads to sickening movement
okay so the new fps update does this thing, i'm pretty sure it applies to everyone else but i dunno why it isnt' reported here

when you walk there's these very tiny 1 frame stops in between tiles instead of one swoop movement when going at normal speed, and it's sickening after being used to the old movement which if you went in a line it was like butter

i assume this is because the game registers you being on the tiles instead of in between the tiles, and the animation is just a nice visual effect (the going in between tiles one) and with the new framerate, it's so high that you actually see the frames in between each tile movement which you stay still

proposed fix: revert the FPS update, or make the walk cycle animation a few milliseconds longer

i know this is like really nitpicky and people haven't had problems but it's so disorienting for me aghh Look at that guy puke
there's like a small pause between the walking animation for each tile for me as well. At first I thought it was my PC cause it's shit but then other people started saying they get it as well. It does not make me sick it's just annoying. I do really like the 60FPS though other than this annoyance this is a great change.
get fucked, this is how my movement always is! australian internet sucks, especially mine tho
It's annoying sure but it does not get in the way of my overall enjoyment nor does it effect me that much in a fight. I'm from the old days where lag was called space wind and we used it as a tool to fight others. Even if it was not fixed I doubt that I personally will be affected all that much.
This is probably related to your game not refreshing as fast as it should (e.g. framedrops?)
I have reduced the target framerate from 100 fps to 63 fps.

let me know if this makes it look any better for you. I can't test this, because both settings look smooth to me without the hitches that you speak of.
Kinda seems to have gotten worse. When I tested it the stuttering happen more times then it did before. For the record I was testing it while under 40ms.
so even with my sarcastic comment about lag and how i'm always like this, yesterday when playing (with severe lag mind you) my movement was actually worse than usual. even when it dropped to about 150ms (my best yesterday) my movement was still super juddery and delayed.

side note: i froze for about 5-10 minutes cause of lag, i really need better internet
Last time I played I noticed no discernable difference from what it was like before. Maybe that's just me?
Are you sure this is a problem with the game and not with the refresh rates on your monitors?
I was having this issue as well, so I doubt everyone is having monitor issues.
(10-09-2017, 03:41 PM)amaranthineApocalypse Wrote: Are you sure this is a problem with the game and not with the refresh rates on your monitors?

I'm on a 60HZ TV which is able to handle 60FPS