Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
QM Traitor Trader: Gotzar The Wicked
Marquesas Wrote:
Sundance Wrote:2. To keep under the radar, Gotzar will not trade with you if the big red Nanotrasen message comes up that the station budget has run dry. This is a failsafe, to stop you from being a dick and mindslaving the HoP to transfer all the funds to QM, and thus ruining the whole idea.

Hello, Luis "the god" Smith here with a spectacular episode of how to be a dick when there are ANTI-DICK FAILSAFES in place!

Simply, mindslave the HoP, transfer all but a SINGLE CREDIT to the shipping budget and then stop the payroll. You have avoided ALL the anti-fun measures with two clicks. No need to thank me.

But then eveyone gets a big red message that the pay roll has been suspended right?
Eitherway gotzar will not trade with you if any message regarding anything about funding whether it be payroll or budget.
The "failsafe" encourages you to make money the hard way, the way intended. The failsafe is not really about fun, the fun is doing it the hard way, which from reading the qm thread, alot of peolple do.
does anyone even bother going to see CARL as a traitor QM? he's already set up to be the trader for traitors to visit, and QMs are in a very good spot both for access to him and access to a lot of money by skimming profits
I don't like that failsafe. It makes the task of stealing money even harder than it already was. After all, if you cut off payroll a good AI will check the bank module at least and see a random QM standing there and sometimes the crew starts whining about it.

It just makes it a pain in the ass, really.
Cogwerks Wrote:does anyone even bother going to see CARL as a traitor QM? he's already set up to be the trader for traitors to visit, and QMs are in a very good spot both for access to him and access to a lot of money by skimming profits

I haven't been a traitor QM yet, so I can't really answer that question. But if it's profit skimming we're talking, that'd be a heck of a lot easier when the trader code is sorted out and we can skim from sales to them as well.

Yeah I know you told me it's hard because spaghetti code, but a spaceman can dream
Which trader is CARL? Is he the dude in the scrap ship?
No, he's in the mining field, and you need a way to get in to see him. The easiest being an agent card.
i've seen CARL before just never knew he was a trader, i think i'm going to go see him on a traitor QM round some time.
Cogwerks Wrote:does anyone even bother going to see CARL as a traitor QM? he's already set up to be the trader for traitors to visit, and QMs are in a very good spot both for access to him and access to a lot of money by skimming profits

The trader is by far not the most valuable thing in that place.