Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Color-coded chemical labels in the dispenser
This is just a nice little quality of life suggestion. Just have each chemical listed in the dispenser with different colored labels. It just gets annoying hovering over the listing over and over, trying to find a specific chem, and this would make recognizing each one much easier.
(09-28-2017, 10:58 AM)Hikurac Wrote: This is just a nice little quality of life suggestion. Just have each chemical listed in the dispenser with different colored labels. It just gets annoying hovering over the listing over and over, trying to find a specific chem, and this would make recognizing each one much easier.

I'm not saying this is a backwards insult, or to say your idea is bad, but did you notice they are in alphabetical order...? Are you suggesting sort of like just alternating colors to make it easier to differentiate, red blue red blue etc.?
(09-28-2017, 12:08 PM)Cyfarfod Wrote:
(09-28-2017, 10:58 AM)Hikurac Wrote: This is just a nice little quality of life suggestion. Just have each chemical listed in the dispenser with different colored labels. It just gets annoying hovering over the listing over and over, trying to find a specific chem, and this would make recognizing each one much easier.

I'm not saying this is a backwards insult, or to say your idea is bad, but did you notice they are in alphabetical order...? Are you suggesting sort of like just alternating colors to make it easier to differentiate, red blue red blue etc.?

Colors read much faster than words. While yeah they're in alphabetical order, the names themselves all *look* too similar for rapid identification. I'm an idiot who don't read too good, so a lot of the time I end up having to look for Hydrogen, then oh which one of these is Carbon, then where the fuck is Oxy-- oh, there. Takes seconds out of my life and I want them back.
maybe like the reagent color? i mean half of them would have a greyscale color but it would definetly help
Yeah labeling it based on the reagent colors themselves would be neat. It would make label identification easier and also give you an idea of what the chem looks like in a beaker. I'd prefer this over "red blue red blue," because if you know cryostylane is specifically cobalt blue, you just look for cobalt blue, so on and so on.

Also yes, I know they're in alphabetical order, but like SuperLagg said, colors are easier to identify than words.
Color code them either by reagent color or certain categories of chemical (medical, flammable, poisonous, etc)
I would go with Reagent Color Coding. Figuring out whether something is gonna kill you or not should come from experience, not colors.

Or you could just use the wiki you lazy fucks
(10-07-2017, 04:54 AM)Nnystyxx Wrote: Color code them either by reagent color or certain categories of chemical (medical, flammable, poisonous, etc)

I like the idea of this for base chemicals. Stuff that's mixed in the beaker shouldn't have a color.