Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
What new features do you most want added?
(09-29-2017, 11:00 AM)Hulk Hogan Wrote:
(09-28-2017, 04:39 PM)babayetu83 Wrote: map rotation

I would like that and AI’s player camera to move like a ghost, for free form movement. The AI would see staticky tiles that aren’t in a cameras line of sight. Think AI from /tg/ station. If a AI moves near a camera then the camera that is mounted on a wall will rotate depending on the direction of the AI, so antags can detect if a AI is spying.

I take back what I said earlier; THIS is what I want most. Holy heck that feature sounds great, makes the AI more of a participant in crew happenings than a disembodied voice that you're never sure is even still alive.
I'm hopping on the better AI cam controls bandwagon so I can have less of those awkward "oops wrong cam" moments.

More of a site suggestion, but I'd also like some sort of wiki feedback feature, so I can get more ideas on what people want from the wiki from people, whether they have a forum account or not. Or at least something that'll let me get less of the "pagename is shit" type comments that come with zero explanation why. Which is probably something far more than just a code solution.
(09-29-2017, 12:57 PM)Superlagg Wrote:
(09-29-2017, 11:00 AM)Hulk Hogan Wrote:

I would like that and AI’s player camera to move like a ghost, for free form movement. The AI would see staticky tiles that aren’t in a cameras line of sight. Think AI from /tg/ station. If a AI moves near a camera then the camera that is mounted on a wall will rotate depending on the direction of the AI, so antags can detect if a AI is spying.

I take back what I said earlier; THIS is what I want most. Holy heck that feature sounds great, makes the AI more of a participant in crew happenings than a disembodied voice that you're never sure is even still alive.

Blobs, wraiths, and ghosts have free movement and vision through whatever tile, while crewmen have to use the (admittedly awful but still generally controllable) dropdown camera list. AIs should not have to be limited by the fucked up weird cameras. Give AI just free movement with static/fuzzy darkness in camera-cut areas (with the ability to move through it but not see anything in it please god don't make them physical walls).

It is already in the game, just ask an admin, he can rotate the map for you
about all the better AI cams: please make it a toggle. it's great to have the freeform thingo, but when experiencing lag it's impossible to stop in the right places, etc
(09-29-2017, 11:00 AM)Hulk Hogan Wrote:

It's already coded and 99% finished, it just needs the last 1% that takes 50% of the time.
(09-29-2017, 04:54 PM)NateTheSquid Wrote: about all the better AI cams: please make it a toggle. it's great to have the freeform thingo, but when experiencing lag it's impossible to stop in the right places, etc

One of the biggest advantages of current AI cameras is speed. You can get to one area very quickly, but with somewhat confusing movement. One thing I think that could keep this aspect while also giving us free movement is giving the AI the ability to place camera bookmarks that can be recalled to place their focus back where they left it.

Not only would this allow you to use bookmarks to jump around the station quickly, placing them on people and situations you want to keep an eye on would really help a player multitask between multiple requests. Tracking a ling in medbay maintenance and someone wants you to open a door in botany? Drop a bookmark on the ling, Jump to your bar bookmark and do a bit of scooting to the right, open the door, then jump back to the Ling bookmark.
Better idea for AI cams: Put them in a grid formation.
(10-01-2017, 07:10 PM)medsal15 Wrote: Better idea for AI cams: Put them in a grid formation.

use ghostlike-bloblike overmind mode, but hold down shift/sprint to move a whole screen-width in one keypress.
best of both.
hey my dudes the AI feature is in
(10-07-2017, 01:23 PM)ZeWaka Wrote: hey my dudes the AI feature is in

neato burrito. i'll probably be unable to test it for a while, but is there a toggle/character preference option between new and old AI cams? if not, do you plan on adding one?
a way to make staff assistants explode with my mind when i'm playing sec