Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
What new features do you most want added?
The suggestion board has a lot of ideas in it, but what things have you seen that you most want? Alternatively, what things do you think are most needed? For me, it's:

1. More work on AI, both in making the role more user friendly for the multitasking work you have to do, and giving them more things to do that directly benefit the station. Someone said before that the AI should be able to run any and all departments singlehandedly, just not as quickly or efficiently as other players. Blob gameplay is a good model on how AI could function
  2. More stuff for the Roboticist to build. Rather than just cybernetic upgrades for the crew which I think steps on genetics toes a bit, I'd rather see the roboticist be able to build more NPC robots that make other people's jobs easier. This can go hand in hand with making the AI more hands on, as a commander of sorts of the NPC robots
  3. More user friendly and useful PDA's. I think the PDA should be one of the most useful tools you have, and likewise have a streamlined interface, with always present shortcuts to the most used programs
  4. A more user friendly security camera system. It's incredibly hard to track anything as a Sec officer or Detective using that drop down list of cameras. At best you can watch part of an area you think things are going on in, but browsing around is difficult enough to not be worth it
I feel like the security cameras should, if absolutely nothing else, have the same control on it as playing AI. It would be annoying, but not only would it be better than the list it has now, it would also make sense sorta for the cameras to work like that.

Maybe have a command to leave whenever or have a button like the pop-up right now.
basically everything frank said. anything for AI and roboticists and borgs is good. security cameras are also annoying
(09-27-2017, 11:10 PM)NateTheSquid Wrote: basically everything frank said. anything for AI and roboticists and borgs is good. security cameras are also annoying

everything frank said too
make pdas useful beyond portasci, make cameras not awful, give robotics something to do (when will the borg patch come.....!), make ai just not overall terrible
A simple fix for cameras would be make them work like AI, with the balance is that there is a delay upon "moving" or switching. Great for spying. Terrible for tracking.

I'd like to see food reworked the most. Botany/chef have a huge discrepancy with the entire game and have been for a long time. Never have I felt more useless than playing one. Its a crying shame.

Second place would be cyborgs. Grumble grumble patch grumble.

Third place is materials. Although I'm fairly apathetic about it, it needs a lot of work.

Lastly is chaplain. I'm looking into that currently.
Honestly, just more junk. More stuff and more jobs and more places to go. Pile more people's pet projects in to this ancient videogame forever!
insert solarium good ending joke

on a more serious note, ghosts having more stuff to do. controlling guardbuddies and patrolling, roles deep in the adventure zone with "survive" as their only goal, etc

also another thing is an actual map changer, a check if over 35 players, switch to cog2, if under 35 for 3 rounds straight, cog1.

also a passive thing for sec to do while waiting for crims to happen, like having temporary access to a department if it's understaffed

and finally a "guide" role, it's only schtick is teaching about stuff. you're pretty much an assistant, gain a silly hat and a suit.
I really want the material system to more useful and more accessible. There's no way to build armor or even like some sort of hazard suit out of custom materials. The only functional armor is gloves or, potentially getting a 2 defense jumpsuit instead of one. Additionally having more materials would be cool
More persistent shit! Like that nightmarish thing about persistent resources I've posted about!

(09-28-2017, 02:49 AM)Gannets Wrote: Honestly, just more junk. More stuff and more jobs and more places to go. Pile more people's pet projects in to this ancient videogame forever!

I know you're joking, but in a way this actually adds to the charm of SS13. All these half-finished, barely-functional pet projects of developers who left years ago lend a sort of ramshackle atmosphere to the station, which though it looks halfway decent and professional on the outside, underneath that is a mess of twisted wires held together with rubber bands, more designed to be cool and interesting than to actually work properly. When things have a really neato concept behind it, but the thing itself ends up being impractical or all but nonfunctional, it gives a certain character to the world.
I know it's my idea but I really would like to see the Vampire overhaul implemented. It seems that Changeling is getting all the attention with more and more skills and other interesting antag types (outside of traitor variants) are being ignored.
map rotation
Atmos rework. I heard someone was working on it.
Continued code optimization and organization. I know it's thankless, so thanks.
Continued balance tweaks. Again, thanks.
Extended support for Secoffs, but also for Secless rounds.
Greater UI efficiency. Cameras are a big one.
More things to make and more systems to break.

More ways for us to attention-whore overall. SS13 is basically paradise for the autistic attention-whore. It's why we're here.
(09-28-2017, 01:01 PM)Superlagg Wrote: I know you're joking

I'm super not!
(09-28-2017, 04:39 PM)babayetu83 Wrote: map rotation

I would like that and AI’s player camera to move like a ghost, for free form movement. The AI would see staticky tiles that aren’t in a cameras line of sight. Think AI from /tg/ station. If a AI moves near a camera then the camera that is mounted on a wall will rotate depending on the direction of the AI, so antags can detect if a AI is spying.