Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
PDA Grid Map function
I was thinking, something that could massively help people find places and people when they use the crisis alert program or a medical implant is to introduce a built in PDA mapping function.

Instead of it being coordinate based, like GPS systems are, it would be based on a grid system. So you'd divide the map into sections that are, say, 20x20 tiles, and assign them a letter and number based on their general X and Y positions. Then, from your PDA screen, you'd be able to see what grid you were currently in at all times from one of the upper corners of the PDA screen.

So for instance, if you're in grid section A5 and you get an alert in section G7, you'd know that the alert location was roughly southeast of you.
The medical implant telling me that someone died in "space" is essentially saying "guess whose corpse is lost forever!" Not great, for the most part.

Giving us a rough idea of which direction to search without giving exact coordinates would be great! It lets goodguys have a better chance of bringing people back into the round, while also not making it impossible to kill and hide a body.
How about making it work like an ID tracker that is used for assassination targets? Im not sure if a PDA could do it or maybe theres an emergency beacon locator in medbay somewhere. Could also be used as a neat way to set up a trap as a traitor.
Yes, please. Would make space travel and finding bodies much more manageable. Although I would say include the z-level into it. So 1G7 for station and 3G7 for debris field. Adventure zone being the 2nd z-level is kinda irrelevant in this case, but you get my point. This way when I read that someone has died, I know immediately what z-level they're on as well.
(09-28-2017, 10:47 AM)Hikurac Wrote: Yes, please. Would make space travel and finding bodies much more manageable. Although I would say include the z-level into it. So 1G7 for station and 3G7 for debris field. Adventure zone being the 2nd z-level is kinda irrelevant in this case, but you get my point. This way when I read that someone has died, I know immediately what z-level they're on as well.

If something like that BREAKS MAH IMMERSION then it could also just say "Space" or "Distant Space".

So it's either "Quick patrol over the station area" or "Fuck that shit I'm out".
(09-28-2017, 06:49 AM)Superlagg Wrote: The medical implant telling me that someone died in "space" is essentially saying "guess whose corpse is lost forever!" Not great, for the most part.

SO MUCH yes, PLEASE please please. I try really hard to get good cloning karma by retrieving corpses and following the spins of ghosts chairs, but this would be SO helpful.