Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Limit or remove REV from rotation
Admittedly I was one of the people who wanted REV back but after three rounds in a row today of it I can safely say I am sick of it. For the love of god please limit, rework or remove it from rotation cause It's not fun to be a Head and get blindsided by a bunch of people at the start of a round before you know what's going on.

Heads barely get any warning that a Revolution is coming and when they do it tends to be too late. Maybe give us something so we know it's coming cause most of the time Heads don't stand a chance.
Make Rev flashes VERY NOISY? Would that help?
Definitely remove rev head PDAs
Does cog1 have loyalty implants yet?
(09-27-2017, 05:02 PM)Lord Birb Wrote: Does cog1 have loyalty implants yet?

Yes, but you have to order them and you get three at a time.
Make a giant message by the 10 minute (or, hell, 5 minute mark) warning that it's a revolution. Then, the Head's might actually have a chance of counter-action.
It's always been my least favorite mode. Too shifted to one side. Especially these days.

Want chaos? Want action? Just a simple Team A vs. Team B would do better. Need a theme? Rebels vs. Loyalists? Just need to make the teams even. Or just have each 'rev' head their own faction and have them work against each-other.

Hell, I never even understood why station heads were automatically loyalists. It's not like captains and senior staff haven't been traitors before
I've suggested before, Rev needs a reworking that slows it's build up while making it more obvious what's going on.

Require Rev leaders to disseminate propaganda in the form of posters and graffiti to get new members. Localize Rev conversion to the area the propaganda is displayed.

Give the revs items that while powerful, give away their disposition. Make them too bulky to hide in backpacks or pockets. Make these items based largely on things that encourage sticking together in a large group, such as things that provide an area of effect buff around the wielder.

Likewise, give larger incentives for being a loyalist. If Revs have numbers on their side, give the loyalists access to some greater firepower and defense. Let the heads form a tight knit ring of trusted members and equip them heavily to enact martial law.
i think rev rounds should always be stated that it is a rev round either at round start, or 5-10 minutes in. it's not really a stealthy game mode, it's literally designed for big mobs to annihilate the heads as a group, so if the heads don't know it's coming, they're screwed
Sad thing, is that it wouldn't take that much to balance rev. Sure we could rework it entirely, but a short term solution could be looked at:

1.Remove head PDAs. Bringing syndie weaponry into mob fight is unfair.

2. Limit the amount of rev heads to one. This makes the revs a shaky faction, they would need to play more defensively.

3. Limit the amount of revs which could be converted. This would be weighted by the amount of players. 25% of the player pop rounding up would be a good number. This would mean that a rev head on a pop of 30 would have 8 on their team, not including themselves.

4. The rev head gets active updates on the amount that's on their team. This is simply:
A) When flashing someone it is noted how many more uses are left
B) It is noted if a rev is deconverted (although it wont state who!). This would allow to the rev head to reuse their flash.

These changes balance shit out in many ways. Revs can no longer get the jump on players with syndicate weaponry (eg derringer). Teams would be balanced, although this is highly dependent on the amount of heads/security. Restricting flashes and reducing revheads to 1 means they'll need to pick far more cautiously and actually plan things.

It's not perfect, but its a start.

Edit: I disagree with announcements. We should always opt for building paranoia and using your brain rather than full scale deathmatch. One could argue about nukeops but that actually takes some solid teamwork to pull off.
Quote:Remove rev uplinks

This is definitely one of the bigger problems. A team of three traitors by themselves would be expected to be able to take out the command staff, when every revhead can give out silenced pistols to four other revolutionaries and then just lay low it becomes one-sided even with a full command and sec staff.
This mode would be so much better if Heads at least got a warning. Let's break it down

1. Heads get no warning what so ever that they are about to get jumped by the whole crew

2. They cannot hide as REVs will most likely have a pinpointer

3. They are completely outgunned as REVs will have Traitor gear.

This is one sided as fuck! Heads have almost 0% chance to survive this mode. I heard this mode was going to be getting a rework before it got readded again but it's still the same as ever. So what's the deal? Are changes coming? Is it going to get removed till it gets some changes? Will we ever hear any kind of update from the coders on this? We people ever stop complaining about this in OOC? When will anything change?
(10-02-2017, 06:52 PM)Ed Venture Wrote: This mode would be so much better if Heads at least got a warning. Let's break it down

1. Heads get no warning what so ever that they are about to get jumped by the whole crew

2. They cannot hide as REVs will most likely have a pinpointer

3. They are completely outgunned as REVs will have Traitor gear.

This is one sided as fuck! Heads have almost 0% chance to survive this mode. I heard this mode was going to be getting a rework before it got readded again but it's still the same as ever. So what's the deal? Are changes coming? Is it going to get removed till it gets some changes? Will we ever hear any kind of update from the coders on this? We people ever stop complaining about this in OOC? When will anything change?
The other day I was playing security.  Captain was the only head, and when he went to Botany he was ambushed and attacked by pretty much all of the botanists.  We managed to save him and assume, yeah, a rev is pretty much happening.  Despite catching it really quickly and capturing two of the heads (executing one of them) and keeping the captain under security watch at all times, we still lost it.

Meanwhile, any time I'm rev I flash a couple people and I get an I win message.

The amount of effort difference is pretty ludicrous, something removing Traitor PDAs alone wouldn't fix I think.  Remove Traitor PDAs and give a warning after some point might be enough, but it would require some testing.
oh, they just readded rev wholesale without any of the updates and rebalances we also extensively discussed? how unfortunate
ez rev rebalance

head revs start at 0 tc, get 1/2 a tc for revving a person

and stealth will always be overpowered in this game, it's just how it is

and as for other improvements i recommend just learning to code yourself if you want to see any change. im sure they'd gladly commit it