Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
More drinks to make on the bar!
I work as an IRL barman and I sometimes wished that some of the stuff that I make, I could make in-game too (as some sort of I CANT ESCAPE MY JOB PLEASE SEND HELP sort of way).

Here's a little list I made of them;
Snakebite - Beer, Cider
Diesel - Snakebite + Cranberry Juice (its meant to be blackcurrant juice but meh)
Black Russian - Liqueur, Vodka + Cola.
White Russian - Rum, Vodka + Lemonade
Just any sort of sours, mix them with others all the time.

This is just off the top of my head, there's quite a few more, but it would be nice to have a bar drinks update.
Black Russian and White Russian are already a thing. We also need to seriously talk about how you make White Russians, what the heck is lemonade doing in there?
Isn't that drink called a cement mixer?
...maybe ive been making them wrong. Never got any complaints though... frown
I love the idea that everyone ordering white russians from you don't know what they are.

A white Russian is vodka, coffee liqueur, and cream. You can use regular coffee, you can use a cream liqueur, both or substitute milk for cream. But coffee and cream flavors are important. A black Russian is the same minus the cream.

Why lemonade is incredibly questionable is because citric acid and cream do not play well together. The acid curdles the dairy, making it a lumpy thick texture. Hence why the actual drink that has them is called a cement mixer, and is more of a joke drink you give to people as a prank.

Admittedly, Rum Vodka and lemonade all sound tasty enough together so I can imagine why people aren't complaining. You're giving them one tasty drink over another
(09-27-2017, 11:07 AM)Frank_Stein Wrote: I love the idea that everyone ordering white russians from you don't know what they are.

A white Russian is vodka, coffee liqueur, and cream. You can use regular coffee, you can use a cream liqueur, both or substitute milk for cream. But coffee and cream flavors are important. A black Russian is the same minus the cream.

Why lemonade is incredibly questionable is because citric acid and cream do not play well together. The acid curdles the dairy, making it a lumpy thick texture. Hence why the actual drink that has them is called a cement mixer, and is more of a joke drink you give to people as a prank.

Admittedly, Rum Vodka and lemonade all sound tasty enough together so I can imagine why people aren't complaining. You're giving them one tasty drink over another

I'm genuinely really confused now...huh. It's only a couple of people who order it...maybe they've never had proper ones or something. That's just weird...I don't put cream in it so that's fine, I only put cream in the Black.

I'm so confused.
I would like to see rum get split into light and dark rum, personally... *also used to work a bar*
(09-27-2017, 12:42 PM)Cyfarfod Wrote: I would like to see rum get split into light and dark rum, personally... *also used to work a bar*

Yup, that would be nice, rather than just...Rum.
I started a patch that adds Snakebite and Diesel. Throw out some more recipes that can be made in-game and I'll add them too.
Rum+Vodka+Lemonade = The Umbra Drake
Vodka + Mayonaise = The Russian Mail-Order Bride
Creme De Menthe + Coconut Milk + Pineapple Juice + BoJack Daniels = Creme De Jack
Both of these are drinks I have used extensively in hazing, and in F L E X I N G.
needs actual pisswater beer
(09-29-2017, 04:46 PM)babayetu83 Wrote: needs actual pisswater beer

Pee + water + beer. Making drinks for the bar is easy, code-wise. Copy and paste existing code then edit. That is how I made my botany patch. I copied lines of code and changed them to have new icons.

Go into datums and preexisting chemistry source files. Food and drink.dm and chemistry_recipes.dm
Yeah, it’s easy since drinks are just alcohol with funny effects. I added piss + sugar = “lemonade” too. Goes well with the bottle of piss in the bar supplies.
milk milk lemonade round the corner chocolate's made = milk+lemonade+happy elf hot chocolate special effects - hallucinations of poo