Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
More Environmental/MacGyver Combat
Stool kicking - clicking on a stool with harm intent will topple it over in the direction you're facing or clicking from, causing the stool to topple over and cause anyone walking over it to stumble (get a short slowdown similar to honey)! It's good against people who are just too fast to deal with, and it also forces your opponent to fight instead of run away like a wuss. It's also not as powerful as an explicit stun.

Throwing plates, wine glasses and anything that *should* break into a thousand pieces should deal some brute and potentially cause bleeding when thrown. Seriously, why don't plates make a satisfying stock sound and break?

Stepping on a burning match/lighter without shoes should have similar effect to stepping on glass but with burn. Same goes for candles and possibly lit welding torches!

Buff folded chairs as more viable weapons! They're so pithifully bad as staminaweapons it almost feels like they're broken.

Throwing ashtrays at people should temporarily blind them! Because there's supposed to be ashes in them, no?? Eye protection is taken into account.

Using flashlight while targeting head on any intent other than aggro should shine the light in people's faces for a temporary blind! No stun, though. Eye protection is taken into account.

Squirting ketchup/mustard should similarly blind your opponent temporarily. Eye protection is ignored.

Shaking salt into someone's eyes should cause a temporary blind. Eye protection is taken into account.

Glass shards deal the same "step" damage on no-uniform dudes if they're laying down - this is mostly useful if you have a glass shard on hand and a knocked down naked opponent (yes, extremely specific, i know). Drop that shard and start dragging him over it! Probably comes with some sort of cooldown or the shard "breaking"/embedding.

I believe there should be more ways to blind, slow and generally inconvenience people in combat without causing explicit stuns when it comes to MacGyvering your way out of combat. If you have anything you want to be added to this topic please give me your suggestions!
Triple citrus should either have an improved citrus-juice blinding effect, currently it doesn't do anything on TOUCH. All three juices used in triple citrus will cause blurred vision if you hit someone in the eyes, but mix them together and the effect is nullified.
Yep this is good. I can get behind this.

Grab intent + object needs to be more satisfying. You should be able to do hardcore blows to players with diminished stamina. For example slam their head off the bar table.

Edit as it just came to me: Throwing players at the boxing match cage wires should cause them to bounce off them, into your fist.
(09-26-2017, 07:04 AM)Sundance Wrote: Yep this is good. I can get behind this.

Grab intent + object needs to be more satisfying. You should be able to do hardcore blows to players with diminished stamina. For example slam their head off the bar table.

Allow us to slam chairs in people's faces. Actually, let us slam anything on people's faces, dealing twice the damage and the stamina. Only works if you've grabbed them.
(09-26-2017, 07:04 AM)Sundance Wrote: Yep this is good. I can get behind this.

Edit as it just came to me: Throwing players at the boxing match cage wires should cause them to bounce off them, into your fist.
I can imagine lots of unique interactions between grab and items
Like, shoving a fire extinguisher into someones mouth and giving them a throatful of foam

I definitely think tossing things needs buffs, paired with a good balance. Like, tossing a chair should be a stun if it connects, but it should use up a lot of stamina to throw.
I just want to be able to smash the decorative vases around the station. It baffles me why they don't function as a beefier plate!
(09-26-2017, 06:12 AM)Crystalwarrior Wrote: Buff folded chairs as more viable weapons! They're so pithifully bad as staminaweapons it almost feels like they're broken.
 I'd also like to see them get a defensive boost. Like, holding a chair increases the chance for attacks to miss or negates some of the damage as you use it as a shield.
i miss being able to target more specific body parts for certain impacts
like screwdriving a guy in the eye/maybe gouging him for a temp. blind and some brute
pepper should make a person fly into a sneezing fit that somehow interferes with them

i want more goofy combat
(09-26-2017, 06:00 PM)Nnystyxx Wrote: i miss being able to target more specific body parts for certain impacts
like screwdriving a guy in the eye/maybe gouging him for a temp. blind and some brute
pepper should make a person fly into a sneezing fit that somehow interferes with them

i want more goofy combat

Something I've suggested before was "critical hits" where targeting an area would have a chance to get a unique effect, depending on what weapon was used.

So targeting the head would have a chance to hit the eyes, mouth, or ears

The chest could have hits to the crotch, lungs, or heart

Limbs, a chance to get dislocated or hit an artery