Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Over the head emoticons on certain emotes
(10-03-2017, 02:53 AM)Sundance Wrote: [Image: XWuhqei.png]So for example when someone current speaks it shows as this. This already occurs.
[Image: MGfMaym.png]However someone with a ! at the end of their sentence it would appear like this!
[Image: 8DHC4c8.png]As is someone asking a question?

I can get behind the examples Sundance showed but other then that I still feel the same way as I did yesterday. Maybe one should be used to show someone is typing a response? I always run off and see someone say something to me as they are about to be off screen or vice versa. But this could be abused as I and others already attack people when we think they are typing.
That's kinda what I had in mind for the exclamation, that it's use was to indicate you had an intention to say something and wanted someone's attention.

I just figured it was safer for that to be player initiated that rather than have it be an automatic response to starting to type, or something that happens after the fact.

Not that I'm not okay with ! and ? being after text things. That's still a helpful communication addition, which was the entire point here: Making communication easier and more visual

As an aside, what if the more short hand emotes were used by something nonverbal, like an NPC robot? EX: Fire bots displaying the fire emote when they kick into action?
(10-03-2017, 01:44 AM)Hokie Wrote:
(10-02-2017, 09:16 PM)Technature Wrote:
(10-02-2017, 07:03 PM)Ed Venture Wrote: If I can read the chat and play at the same time then so can anyone else. There's no excuse and this is coming from a person who has awful eyesight and plays on a 60 inch TV, people on monitors should be able to do this better than I. If this becomes a thing I rather there be a toggle to disable it then to just make it see-though.

I feel the health thing could be useful at least to differentiate the people who need help and those that don't need help clearly need help but are too proud to ask for it.  Kinda like the medic vision from TF2.

Maybe make it unusable if you can't talk (like breathing issues)?

I think there's another way to do this that's already in the game. You know those green glasses in medbay? Yeah they do this.

Sadly there aren't enough for every medic on a fully staffed medical ward, and not everyone seems to know about them.

And I wanna trick doctors into walking in stabbing distance damn it.
I like the ones that could be used to represent expressions or emotes (smile, frown, anger, nod, shakehead, surprise, puzzled, love(*hug?)). Not so much the specific ones like bomb or gun. They should realistically be as small as possible and over the player's shoulders (like the current ones) rather than on the tile above them.
I don't like the face ones, to be honest.

For lack of a better word, they look cringe-worthy. I really wish I had a better way to describe them, but my vocabulary fails me.

The middle finger, the exclamation point, and the question mark are probably the best ones.

The green check and the red x are also passable.