Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Has anyone ever used computers for anything cool?
Oh wow did I miss a reason to murder as a non-antag recently? I'm kinda sad now.
Used a computer to find syndie auth codes and spam unlimited PDA bombs fpr only 1 telecrystal.

Also two cool mech comp machines I've seen would be the remote door opener, and the remote electrocutor. Probably isnt possible anymore but a remote russian revolver might have been possible in the past

in theory you could also make a mass door bolter if you wanted to be super evil. APC’s also use packets...but I’ve never been able to make them react to any
(10-08-2017, 02:23 AM)The Grim Sleeper Wrote:
(09-25-2017, 04:52 AM)Flourish Wrote: ... you have TermOS, which is what DWAINE (and therefore all the research equipment) runs off of. With a terminal you can call/recall the shuttle, ...

I have tried to use DWAINE to call the shuttle, but never actually succeeded without also using SigPal (in ThinkDOS). I mananged to connect a DWAINE terminal to a Comms Dish, but got stuck there. Can you tell how you did it?

Grek explains it better than I could: https://forum.ss13.co/showthread.php?tid...0#pid78140
(10-12-2017, 03:47 AM)Flourish Wrote:
(10-08-2017, 02:23 AM)The Grim Sleeper Wrote:
(09-25-2017, 04:52 AM)Flourish Wrote: ... you have TermOS, which is what DWAINE (and therefore all the research equipment) runs off of. With a terminal you can call/recall the shuttle, ...

I have tried to use DWAINE to call the shuttle, but never actually succeeded without also using SigPal (in ThinkDOS). I mananged to connect a DWAINE terminal to a Comms Dish, but got stuck there. Can you tell how you did it?

Grek explains it better than I could: https://forum.ss13.co/showthread.php?tid...0#pid78140

In addition to his method you can also use sigpal to send the packet

This is very useful since the mainframe often loses power.