Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 3.5 Average
Station of Despair. Final Chapter
Marcy scans her ID into a tablet as well, having casually listened to the dialogue around her. Her reaction is the same as several others in the room- underwhelming indifference to the cyborg's attempt to encourage killing.

"Yeah, I can live with this too as long as we get paid. Though, there's no cargo bay on the map here..."

"Where are we supposed to shop for supplies? What if someone wants to buy their friend a nice gift (with 20% tax?)"
The robot stood there, tilting its head in a confused manner...somehow.  "Huh?  You think I'm going to...oh please please, like I would bother getting my hands dirty.  No, the people you've got to watch out for is each other.  I'm just here to make sure you inspiring killers play by the rules."

"You'd be surprised the things humanity would do to benefit itself, how much your species is willing to gut itself.  The incredibly petty things you would do.  And the reason this time?  You want off the station, you gotta break a few eggs."

"And by eggs I mean skulls.  Bash some as hard as you can guys.  This entire station is practically a death trap.  I can see a few good things to smack someone in this room alone.  I mean, come on you guys, it's not that hard."

In the middle of its speech, the borg looks towards Lorenzo.

".........ya know, I've been thinking.  For absolutely no reason whatsoever, let me show you what to look for during a rule change by example."

The Handbook immediately makes THE MOST ANNOYING NOISE YOU CAN THINK OF!

"Oh, did I not change that?  Don't worry, it'll be better next time.

Rule Update
8.Dismembering or otherwise destroying a person's body after their death is against the rules and will be punished.  Have some respect for the dead, ya creeps!

"Now, I hear a few things about your pay check?  Let's see, the records say...hmm...ah, here we go.  Everyone that comes back is expected A billion credits if the experiment is a success...if the experiment is aborted early, everyone will be compensated for their efforts based on the time spent..."

"So here's the deal then.  I bet I could swing my influence to get whoever survives that entire 15 Billion credits.  Now, I'm no genius with money, but I bet you would never have to work a day in your life.  And to think, all you've got to do is produce me a couple bodies.  I mean, how often do you get such an amazing deal?  Am I right?"
Huh. Such thoroughness and honesty with its para-murderous intent. And not one mention of meatbag! Impressive!

"But there'll be Donks, right?"

Impressive, but trivial. Even if someone gets the bright idea to check out early with her toe tag, well... ya gotta love cloning; there's nothing like dying like an idiot and then laughing at your own corpse. If only life and death had meaning! 'cept...

Dan reads over the device. Once... then twice. A third time, her mounting concern edging into panic.

"Yo, uh... where's Cloning? You only gave us... like, half a map."

Relax, Kelly! How often has the Cloner been missing in action? Yeah, and how many times has that stopped you from needing a shower the morning after a 'heroic sacrifice'? Regardless--

"--Centcom's got my sequence on file --!"

Dammit! But, they do--

"--right?"
"That sounds great and all but I'm just gonna go... play some Space Galaga"
"well i can make some donk pockets dan. i mean i'm the chef making food is my job even if we are all being enslaved by robots in part of some sort of murderous game meant to possibly tear us apart. burgers is my strong suit though. also it's good to know it's not just some scheme to cut down on costs from above considering that human bodies aren't worth enough money to justify that expensive war bot and the massive pay people who survive get."
"wait is this bot even part of the company or are they just a random robot who decided to fuck with us"
lorenzo blessig looks out of breath from saying all that
"No body tampering? But then how will we sell orga... uh, do brain transplants?"
"Man.  If you guys were good at anything, it's asking stupid questions.  You're all actually annoying me, a being that's suppose to have no emotions.  "Oh, is any of this real?  We're not supposed to actually worry about murders, are we?  Where's the cloner?" Good god, I can't take it anymore."

"You idiots have any more questions, you ask the station idiot from now on."  He started rolling off in the opposite direction.  "And you idiots better start thinking of something good to entertain me with, cause I get bored pretty easily."  With that, he stormed...rolled angrily?  Off out the gym.  And shouted in "Oh, and your shit's in your rooms.  You're welcome." before slamming the door closed...somehow.

This seems to be a rather odd turn of events.

---Adam

"Well.  The cyborg's done being stupid.  I'll make sure to reset its laws when I get the chance........."

"......you people aren't actually taking it seriously, right?"
"well, as the chaplain i can observe this is not the will of the space gods, so if any of you even pinch me i'm banning you from the chapel! all people are welcome if they need a safehaven though," barry states. "i am quite tired even though i probably just awoke, just amnesia really gets the best of your energy, yaknow? i'll be off to my quarters." barry then gets up in a rather odd fashion, almost like he is bo-legged or something. what a weirdo
"I mean... money's tempting, but rogue AIs lie like this all the time. I don't see any reason why we should trust a thing it says for now."

Marcy looks down at her handbook and then continues her response to Adam.

"Still, the fact that a single cyborg was able to set up as much as it did is concerning. Normally the AI isn't booted up until the shift officially starts, so it's not like an EM storm would have done anything before we got here... right?"
"I agree with the Chapel being a Safehaven thing. If we really are on some sort of murdershow, then let's promise not to kill eachother in the Chapel. Deal?"

"Now all I want to know is how to get to Hydroponics, but I'll just ask it next time I see it. I'm going to get my stuff." with that, Phoebe Buzz leaves to her Bedroom.
"We have to check the laws, good idea uh, "Captain". Borgs have to follow their laws right? I mean we couldn't kill each other at this hunk of metals whim, even if the money was real. It would be like an insane fever dream!"

Erik is clearly a bit distraught.
"well looks like i won't have to worry about my long term health any more" i go over to the closest cigarette machine but a pack of cigs and a zippo lighter and decide to take up smoking
I try to see what's in my Bedroom.
"Yeah...I was thinking, if what it's saying is true, it's unlikely it's the only rogue cyborg..."

So what's on the to do list...uh...Hold a meeting with the crew...reset the AI...uh....man, leadering things is hard. I really don't feel like dealing with this...

"Crew, until we get this entire thing sorted out, we'll hold a daily meeting in the chapel at the beginning of the day. I think venturing out outside of normal hours may be dangerous as well, so I recommend staying in your rooms during...night time for now..." We're in space, there is no day or night...still, if it means the robot's not going insane, it would be wise to play along for now...til I can reset it at least.

---Cyborg

Shortly after the captain's words, there was a pleasant dinging that rang throughout the station. The TV in the room proceeded to turn on, showing the cyborg's face.

"I have an announcement to make."

"It is currently Night Time. Please leave any blue rooms you may be in so they may be properly locked down."

"Good night. Sleep tight. Don't let the bed bugs bite."

The tv shuts down after this announcement.

"How juvenile...everyone, we'll continue this tomorrow." With that, the captain left the gym and went on his way to his room.
i go to the beds and sleep