Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 3.5 Average
Station of Despair. Final Chapter
"Yes yes, we'll see if we can't get to...HEY!  You.  No one's leaving til we can get this sorted out."

This is already going down the shitter.

"Listen, this is the last chance I'm giving.  If we have to start searching people for things, there will be consequences, so just say something now and so we can put this admittingly minor incident behind us."

---Event

Almost as if on cue to the captains words, a nearby tv in the room lights up and a voice can be heard echoing through the announcement radio.  The voice sounds robotic.

"Uh, hello, um...is this thing on?  Testing testing, one two three four...okay."

"Attention crew.  Your captain has a very important announcement to make.  Please make your way to the Gym.  Attendance is mandatory."

With that, the TV in the room turns off, leaving nothing but silence.

Something about this doesn't feel right.

---Adam

This was a good idea.  Having an announcement to alert people about something was better than hoping people would just find where to go.

So if I couldn't do that in the first place, who the hell put one of the robots up to that?

Well, I suppose I could just pretend it was my idea for now...

"Oh, did I intend for that to be in the Gym instead of here?  Well, that's fine, it's not too far from here.  Just take a right from here and head past the storage area for here and we'll be right there."

That sounded less convincing than preferred...

"All right, I'll lead this charge then.  This way."  I make my way out towards the chapel, making sure to let the people outside know where to go.
I shrug and follow to the gym. "Nothing else to do, I guess. I would like to know these rules too though"
Irene snorts contemptuously. Never should've taught machines to think, let alone stutter. She offers a stiffer, more official salute in the captain's direction and follows the herd.
Without much of a word, Marcy bounces along with everyone else to the gym.

So, someone here's a thief then? I don't like the idea of that, but... maybe turning them in is worth something? She stumbles into the stray corner of a wall while lost in thought, causing her to cease her frolicking and begrudgingly walk like a normal person.
---Event

Everyone eventually arrives in the gym.  Of particular note is its large, open space.  A good chunk is empty.  If the markings on the floor is any indication, it's probably to allow for easy track running.  Outside of that are several different work out machines and tools strewn about in an organized matted, from weights and dumbbells to stationary bikes and mats.

None of this stands out however, nearly as much as what's in the center of the room, which has a crudely put together stand and microphone with two speakers next to it.  It's completely possible that a child could have done a better job of putting everything together.

The captain seems rather...distraught at this sight.
Nathan Dunkleman rushes forward and yells into the microphone! No words, just noise
Phoebe Buzz quietly tries to lift one of the smaller dumbbells, before putting it back down with a sigh.
Dan notices a striking lack of Donk Pockets.

"Yo, when're we gonna get some gaddang Donks already?"

Puzzled and annoyed at how the crew can function so highly without a well-balanced breakfast, Dan looks for the nearest chair to start shit. Or hat to wear. Something to take her mind off of sobriety.
Irene finds a punching bag and starts punching it. Without gloves. Grody.
After her knuckles start bleeding, she begins her hunt for a pair of gloves or hand-wraps or something.
She's just trying to keep her mind off of the design-gore that is the janky stand-croph-eakers.
---Event

As the crew find ways to busy themselves, one of the doors in the back opened up.  Almost immediately, there was some shouting coming from beyond the door, similar to the announcement voice.

"Move it or lose it suckers, captain making his way through!"

A cyborg began running in...no, wheeling in may be more accurate...quickly through the large gym.  After a couple of tries, he gets to the center of the gym where the crude set up is and...proceeds to knock one of the lights down...in his rush, he proceeds to back into the other light, which breaks and starts a small fire.

"Okay, uh hold on...ahem."  He produces a fire extinguisher and puts the fire out.  He then attempts to get onto the crudely made stage...before crushing it completely.

He doesn't seem to notice.

"Hello? Hello?  TesTINg THE MicRoPHOnE NAAAAOOooOOoWWW!  Damn it, who put this thing together...TESTING...TeSTing...Testing........."

The sight is rather something to behold.

"Okay, everything seems to be working now.  Let's see, who's in the audience..."

He takes a quick look around.

"Wow.  These idiots really will bring anybody up here, won't they?  Well, let's give this meeting everything we've got."

---Adam

.........so that just happened...did it say it was the captain?

......OH!  I get it.  It's the tourbot, trying to do a little thing there.  Captain of describing the station.  Ha...ha...uh, yeah.  Did it...make that stage?

"Captain, huh?  Well, I'm sure you can do a better job of addressing people than insulting everyone at once."

Seriously, that's the kind of thing you don't admit at large.  As long as it's funny though I guess?  I don't know if the rest of the crew is as willing to accept something like that with what little experience I had...
Marcy ignores the cyborg(?) and focuses her attention on attempting to reach a pull-up bar.

She's still listening, of course, but a slightly dickish robot was nothing special. And if it put out a fire of its own will, it's probably not subverted anyways.
Robots.

Robots.

When they're not arresting Dan for doing her job, they're rolling around blowing kisses to blood-soaked murderers. More infuriating than an actual threat, she figures; the tried-and-true whack-n-scoot'll scrap even the most unfriendly buddybot. Course, this one looks a bit more rough-n-ready than little ol' Beepsky.

And what's this? It's acting like a doofus? Well that's a surprise, Dan would think if ever a shift went by where some jokester didn't convince Team Sillycon to put on a talent show.

Par for the course, she guesses. Sooner this bucket of butts gets through with it's meatbag routine, the sooner she can stave off her Donkbriety for another day. Just can't come soon enough. Heck, even a pack of Pro-Puffs would do at this point--

"Hey cap'n," says Dan, "where do y'all keep the smokemachines around here? And, uh, also the Donks, where's the Donks?"
"So what kind of Cyborg are you, Captain?" Phoebe Buzz says, trying to be polite to the Cyborg.
Oh god, why did it have to be HUMANLIKE borgs!

Erik beings to visibly start to freak out and mouth words to himself.

After a moment he composes himself and quietly states to himself, "Hopefully their programming is devoid of vagaries and they're set in their path to help us."
pfft it ain't cockroaches it'll be a piece of cake lorenzo says to himself before trying to do his hair with a rolling pin