Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bullet Weapons
Lasers are really lame, we need more guns.

After talking to Cogs, he's got the same mentality as well. As such I'm gonna post a few gun ideas here.

Rifle Crate

Buy it in QM. Comes with one rifle and some ammo. It's bolt action; you fire, click the rifle in your hand, and then you can fire again. 5 shots. Far more interesting than a box of lasers.
Would be pretty good to have for expeditions and just general fun; sure, they might be card-locked, but it's probably cheaper and less threatening than a massive crate full of lasers, right?

Along with that Cogs was hoping to impliment shitty zipguns. People were also talking about chemical-coated bullets; if that's the case, why not have crossbows or bows in general?

You shoot Pubbie Scrublord with the Grog-Coated Arrow!
Captain Pubbie Scrublord draws a zipgun from his Sunglasses! Oh shit!

this would be far more fun than lasers I think
i'm dumb and forgot to post anything about the zipguns or bows themselves

To build one you'd need to construct something like you would with a flamethrower.

Maybe give Metal an option to construct bullet casings? Or have them in a general manufacturer? I dunno.
Add smoke powder and some sort of propellant and whatever else you want to your casing, then put more metal into them to seal the tops. (note: this is too simple and i'm franticly typing it before an exam so it might be dumb)

- Welder
- Screwdriver (open up)
- Wrench (remove fluid tank)
- Metal (add little magazine)
- Bullet (probably one shot, maximum four)

tadah an even worse form of a derringer with less accuracy and damage
building rifles should also be a thing
lasers are dumb

bang is better than pew pew
Elephant Gun: Like the Rifle, but maybe it takes up both hands? And does damage to put an unharmed person into orange. Only has one shot, before reloading. Useful for Wendigo/Martian hunts.
Weavel Wrote:tadah an even worse form of a derringer with less accuracy and damage

Add some parts to a hacked general manufacturer so I can be a guy who uses a shit 3D-printed gun. (Woah, like people in real life)

The bolt-action gun seems like a great idea.
Also, add those cool little guns that go in people's palms. Make them a traitor item or just a neat secret: Gun-gloves.
few more ideas

Rifle bullets shatter windows and keep on going
Pistol bullets act the same as normal bullets though

Must lube your rifle with WD41 Space Edition, two bottles come in the crate. Can use other substitutes, like Soybean Oil or Motor Oil or whatever. Not lubing the rifle makes it occasionally not work when you try to click and cycle the bolt. Rifle uses 5 units of lube per shot I guess???

Building zipgun rifles is simply just the same process but you attach pipe frames to your rifle instead of simple rods, and more metal for a stock (without a stock your rifle will send you stunned flying backwards)
Oiling up your rifles? Finally, spacelube has an actual use.
It would be cool if the syndicates were differently, i like the idea of paying for a weapon like a shotgun.

perhaps we could have another shady trader in space who sells various guns for a few thou dollars apiece.

Also the shotguns are weird, they are basically the same as pistols but pack a larger punch, and have no pellet spread.

PS: perhaps the syndicates could have a direct link to a gun dealer at the start of their round, so they can use the station budget to secretly fund their operation.
Quote:Were differently
ugh fuck me, mean't to say: Equipped Differently
I think something like http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n1wV3lmbSv4 would be pretty neat for a zipgun.
Requires two seperate pieces that could be combined together, fired, then taken apart to be reloaded if it doesn't explode.

Also I think the liberator (3d printed gun) requires that you use acetone to bore out the barrel to reduce friction, so maybe chemistry could be required to make the gun less terrible.
I'll get a .22 rifle set up tonight.
It would be funny if bullet weapons were completely ineffective in space, throwing the person backwards instead of shooting the bullet forwards.
Bullets actually do work in space, there's enough air in the cartridges to fire ok

that being said it probably would send you flying backwards, but in that case the Syndicates would have real trouble fighting so I think maybe it should be reserved for bigass weapons like shotguns or w/e