Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Minor Synchronized self biomass manip just makes you a statue
Exclamation 
Why? Is this a bug or a code change? If the latter, I'm going to edit the genetics page on the wiki so that it's actually accurate to its effect. This prematurely ended a round for me and I'm not exactly chuffed about it.
Your stability was bad. Side-effects don't care about synchronized.
This can happen if your genes are too low less than 100% at random. It happens with other genes too, but this is one of the few where it's a lethal problem.

I heavily recommend not even bothering with it unless you have it naturally and can get someone else to sync it instead.
aw fuck seriously? i thought side effects weren't supposed to be instantly lethal. dang.
They used to not happen unless you were under 50% stability. Now, X% stability means X% chance for a power to not fuck up.
Yessir, the way that stability changed, it can happen at any point with a new(?) power. I remember learning the hard way at about 80% and doing this. Yet next round I had it at about 30% and it DIDN'T mess up.

It's just random now.
FWIW, Robust Genetics starts you at 120% stability and Self-Biomass Manipulation is only a -5. Deafness/Blindness are worth 20 apiece and completely negated by easily acquired gear. Genetics isn't THAT hard to game, IMO. Stilll, I was pretty salty the first time I statue'd myself so I get where you're coming from.