Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Persistent Bank
(09-21-2017, 09:05 PM)babayetu83 Wrote: a lot of these things seem grossly overpriced for what function they serve and how much time you'll need to put in to get them
can I get some more opinions on prices from you all?

(09-22-2017, 12:57 AM)drymelon Wrote: i bought the alohamation skin and i literally got nothing???
Alohamaton skin is for cyborgs. HOWEVER your spacebux were not wasted - if the item cannot be spawned then the purchase doesn't actually subtract from your account.

(09-22-2017, 12:57 AM)drymelon Wrote: maybe add something that lets us know if itll spawn in our backpacks or is a skin that applies to you at round start, or a picture of it when you hover over the choices
I plan to have some better UI detailing these things on the purchase menu. eventually.
(09-22-2017, 02:52 AM)mbc Wrote:
(09-21-2017, 09:05 PM)babayetu83 Wrote: a lot of these things seem grossly overpriced for what function they serve and how much time you'll need to put in to get them
can I get some more opinions on prices from you all?

It's stuff we just couldn't have before, and now we can have it. I don't particularly care about the price. None of it is mechanically useful IMO, I plan to just stash a shitload of bux and use it when gimmick inspiration comes to me.

My 2 cents.
IMO, clowns should get more than 1 spacebux per round. Maybe a bonus based on clown abuse?
(09-22-2017, 02:03 PM)Grek Wrote: IMO, clowns should get more than 1 spacebux per round. Maybe a bonus based on clown abuse?

I fully support helping the clown grind bux with beatings.
(09-22-2017, 08:08 PM)Superlagg Wrote:
(09-22-2017, 02:03 PM)Grek Wrote: IMO, clowns should get more than 1 spacebux per round. Maybe a bonus based on clown abuse?

I fully support helping the clown grind bux with beatings.

[Image: a38df7ae9c1dc236d1e0ea8153829821.jpg]
Definitely needs some level of prioritization on security, given that they're the frontline against antags. Also rounds are just much more enjoyable when there's a decent size sec team.

Possibly engineering as well, given how many times we go through rounds without the engine being setup and breaches unattended.

It'd be nice if some of these purchases were permanent. Kind of like the karma system of other servers, in which you do good and you purchase items that you can always choose from at round start. Obviously some of them might be too useful and shouldn't be permanent, but you get my point. Either that or just make it so if you escape alive on the shuttle with your purchased item, you get to bring it to the next round.
It feels to me like your spacebux account should be permanent, but you can also buy one or two items per round. Wouldn't hate the alohamaton skin just giving you an achievement to use it whenever once you've bought it, either.
A lot of these SHOULD be achievement unlocks. That feature is a bit neglected frown
Not really into permanence. The system needs big ticket gold sinks. Costs could always be tweaked, but that's something that takes a few weeks of seeing what people (don't) buy.

I do like the idea of it not being strictly salary based, though. This is more an OOC thing than an IC thing, so it should probably take more from OOC metrics. I like the baseSalary+effortBoost. Besides, as stated, some jobs get completely shafted salary-wise.
Found a bug. If the AI is in a Cyborg Shell at the end of the round, they only get 500 pay
I don't think head of staff jobs need a reduction, its actually quite rare to have most head positions filled unless the server population is high. Its one of the reasons people dislike revolution rounds.
Alright I've had some time to think about this, so some criticism mbc, take from it what you may.

There needs to be unique items to buy, otherwise it runs risk of being feature bloat. They need to be distinct flavor items that will enhance your gimmick or your general fashion sense. They must not give you a distinct advantage in any shape or form. Following on from that here's the list.

1. Harmonica, hoodies, bee eggs, crayons, toy swords - have no reason to be in this list. These are items that can be accessed already on the station. They must be unique or rare. So a reverse harmonica, or a funky hoodie, special crayons that have unique options, or rainbow toy-swords. You could charge them so they're quite low, but then you run the risk of bloat. In-game currency already suffers from this. 

2. Chameleon jumpsuits, fake moustaches, bee eggs - these are items that give you distinct advantage. You may argue that this advantage is trivial, but you'd really want to avoid anything that does, no matter how trivial. It would be pretty easy to balance this out anyway, just make it that a fake mustache does not effect your ID, rename it "budget moustache", make the bee egg a special breed of bee that cannot sting. The jumpsuit i'm not sure of.

3. Everything else gets a solid thumbs up. Particularly paints; you should also include pattern paints. The ability to change your appearance to a different race for a cost is also great, would include more things there.

But really unique items will be key to whether this feature will stand the test of time or not.
Maybe add the Blue clown outfit to the list? I feel like I am the only one who knows it exists sometimes.
(09-24-2017, 10:27 AM)Sundance Wrote: rainbow toy-swords

Yes.
(09-23-2017, 03:01 PM)Vitatroll Wrote: Not really into permanence. The system needs big ticket gold sinks. Costs could always be tweaked, but that's something that takes a few weeks of seeing what people (don't) buy.

I do like the idea of it not being strictly salary based, though. This is more an OOC thing than an IC thing, so it should probably take more from OOC metrics. I like the baseSalary+effortBoost. Besides, as stated, some jobs get completely shafted salary-wise.

being able to permanently buy something would be the only way i'd bother with a system like this

otherwise it just kind of feels pointless to me