Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Persistent Bank
Salary, not amount - the credits earned per payday, not the total number of credits in it. It's been a while since I messed with it, but I believe the salary cap is something along the lines of a few thousand or so, so it's not too abusable.

(It would be nice if this cap was raised if the station budget exceeded a certain amount, but one step at a time.)
So, is this separate from the normal bank amount you make in a round?

Does spending money during the round reduce your take home or total saved?

And does dumping cash into your account increase your total?

Are future changes in store for the space economy?
(09-19-2017, 08:12 PM)Roomba Wrote: Salary, not amount - the credits earned per payday, not the total number of credits in it. It's been a while since I messed with it, but I believe the salary cap is something along the lines of a few thousand or so, so it's not too abusable.

(It would be nice if this cap was raised if the station budget exceeded a certain amount, but one step at a time.)

I made 17 million credits and set my PAYROLL to one million.

(09-19-2017, 08:49 PM)Frank_Stein Wrote: So, is this separate from the normal bank amount you make in a round?

Does spending money during the round reduce your take home or total saved?

And does dumping cash into your account increase your total?

Are future changes in store for the space economy?

Currently ONLY the base rate of pay for your starting job matters.
(09-19-2017, 12:52 PM)Mordent Wrote: One of my suggestions in the IRC regarding the base Spacebux earned amount was to deflate the salary of command staff and inflate that of security/medical doctors (not geneticists/roboticsts, just doctors) in order to encourage people into those roles.

that doesn't sound very enticing to me

unrelated, but why is limbless so expensive? it should be free
(09-20-2017, 12:20 PM)babayetu83 Wrote:
(09-19-2017, 12:52 PM)Mordent Wrote: One of my suggestions in the IRC regarding the base Spacebux earned amount was to deflate the salary of command staff and inflate that of security/medical doctors (not geneticists/roboticsts, just doctors) in order to encourage people into those roles.

Care to expand on that? To clarify my idea: 0.5x multiplier for command staff, 2x multiplier for security/doctors. What don't you agree with?
i just dont think that the promise of slightly more funny money will make people want to play doctor/sec
(09-20-2017, 12:22 PM)Mordent Wrote:
(09-20-2017, 12:20 PM)babayetu83 Wrote:

Care to expand on that? To clarify my idea: 0.5x multiplier for command staff, 2x multiplier for security/doctors. What don't you agree with?

Perhaps consider adding engineer/CE to the list? Slightly selfishly motivated, and things have been improving (been some new faces the past week!) but theres still a lot of rounds where the engine doesn't get started.
(09-19-2017, 07:48 AM)TheDK Wrote: My only complaint so far is that damn noise that plays when you select something.
Also I don't know what affects station grade and now I want to do whatever I can to improve it.

Noise will be replaced when I get around to finding better sfx. (ideally wanna redo the entire purchase menu later, but i am not good with html/css)
Read the end-of-round station grade scoring card that pops up. That card details everything that affects station grade. includes stuff like total crew dead, station structural damage, and cleanliness

(09-19-2017, 04:58 PM)Cyfarfod Wrote: Is observing supposed to get me money...? Cuz I just finished observing a round and the pop-up came up and awarded me about 200 bucks.

thanks for pointing out, fixed this
(09-20-2017, 04:19 PM)mbc Wrote:
(09-19-2017, 07:48 AM)TheDK Wrote: My only complaint so far is that damn noise that plays when you select something.
Also I don't know what affects station grade and now I want to do whatever I can to improve it.

Noise will be replaced when I get around to finding better sfx. (ideally wanna redo the entire purchase menu later, but i am not good with html/css)
Read the end-of-round station grade scoring card that pops up. That card details everything that affects station grade. includes stuff like total crew dead, station structural damage, and cleanliness

(09-19-2017, 04:58 PM)Cyfarfod Wrote: Is observing supposed to get me money...? Cuz I just finished observing a round and the pop-up came up and awarded me about 200 bucks.

thanks for pointing out, fixed this

Of course! Pretty confident I have the most spacebux, I want em to be legit.

EDIT!!!!

MBC, take a look. Forgot to close my connection to LLJK2 when I went to work today, and when I got back there SEEMS to ahve been a colllection of windows waiting for me where I got bux in 15 cred increments, just from being connected to the server; not even observing.
fixed that too, t y
I like this, and as a proponent of persistent anything anywhere at all, I like this a lot. Especially since it implies that the AI gets paid as much as the Captain.
(09-21-2017, 06:30 AM)Superlagg Wrote: I like this, and as a proponent of persistent anything anywhere at all, I like this a lot. Especially since it implies that the AI gets paid as much as the Captain.

every AI deserves more money than every craptain. much harder job with less reward. then again they can just take the money themself easier than the captain can.

maybe KRAKEN will fight someone in an attempt to earn a raise
Idea: Make all the items available to buy in round as well, but have buying them before a round come at a discount
a lot of these things seem grossly overpriced for what function they serve and how much time you'll need to put in to get them

i think the crayon, fruit hat, and harmonica are the most reasonably priced items on the list
i bought the alohamation skin and i literally got nothing???

maybe add something that lets us know if itll spawn in our backpacks or is a skin that applies to you at round start, or a picture of it when you hover over the choices