Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
More non-lethal takedowns, weapons, and restraints
Maybe fire extinguishers could get a vision obscuring action if you aim for the head when spraying people, similar to cream pies?

Heavy objects when thrown could make people stumble a bit, giving you more time to run away?

A way to shove people in crates and lockers and hold the lid/door shut provided you don't move? That way carrying around a welder isn't always required
(09-27-2017, 01:29 PM)Frank_Stein Wrote: Maybe fire extinguishers could get a vision obscuring action if you aim for the head when spraying people, similar to cream pies?

Heavy objects when thrown could make people stumble a bit, giving you more time to run away?

A

Aim for the head with disarm/help intent, harm intent is for bashing, disarm for splashing
(09-25-2017, 08:36 PM)Frank_Stein Wrote: Something that has bothered me in recent rounds is trying to subdue someone without killing them, as a job that doesn't have easy access to cuffs.

Right now, my most reliable method is getting them into a killing chokehold, and using that to keep them knocked out. Problem is they will eventually die from this.

It would be nice if the other choke had the same stunning effect the kill choke had, only without actually slowly killing them. Maybe count it as an pinning hold, where they can't escape or use items, but can still talk. Sorta like cuffs that won't work as soon as you let go. This would also be great for wrestling matches, as someone could actually get a definitive win by pin.

Alternatively, let us make impromptu cuffs with wire. Just have them be extra shitty in that they take longer to put on and come off much easier.

Misto also happened to sprite an improvised blackjack weapon, which did stamina damage but little brute. With something like this, repeatedly bashing someone could keep them knocked out until Sec comes to secure them

We need baystation-style grab moves. Stuff like pinning, jointlocking, dislocation, etc. They're a whole lot of fun and it goes well with goon's wrestling.
https://wiki.baystation12.net/Grabs
Neck grab body shield for hostage situations is kick ass, take care not to overdo it, though.
If people can craft improvised cuffs, antagonists will always carry some with them, and combat will turn into who can cuff the other guy first. On practically every other ss13 server where cable cuffs are a thing, combat just feels icky because of how essential handcuffs are when you want to disable someone.
just make it so that attacking with the disarm attempt does little/no damage and only stamina damage
(09-29-2017, 09:30 AM)Faceplant Wrote: If people can craft improvised cuffs, antagonists will always carry some with them, and combat will turn into who can cuff the other guy first. On practically every other ss13 server where cable cuffs are a thing, combat just feels icky because of how essential handcuffs are when you want to disable someone.

I'm partial to pins and holds over cuffs, since the cost of doing it means you've gotta give up your own mobility

But the idea here is to give a good alternative to the most reliable method of disabling someone by killing them, which more often than not is your only option
(09-28-2017, 10:50 AM)Hikurac Wrote:
(09-25-2017, 08:36 PM)Frank_Stein Wrote: Something that has bothered me in recent rounds is trying to subdue someone without killing them, as a job that doesn't have easy access to cuffs.

Right now, my most reliable method is getting them into a killing chokehold, and using that to keep them knocked out. Problem is they will eventually die from this.

It would be nice if the other choke had the same stunning effect the kill choke had, only without actually slowly killing them. Maybe count it as an pinning hold, where they can't escape or use items, but can still talk. Sorta like cuffs that won't work as soon as you let go. This would also be great for wrestling matches, as someone could actually get a definitive win by pin.

Alternatively, let us make impromptu cuffs with wire. Just have them be extra shitty in that they take longer to put on and come off much easier.

Misto also happened to sprite an improvised blackjack weapon, which did stamina damage but little brute. With something like this, repeatedly bashing someone could keep them knocked out until Sec comes to secure them

We need baystation-style grab moves. Stuff like pinning, jointlocking, dislocation, etc. They're a whole lot of fun and it goes well with goon's wrestling.
https://wiki.baystation12.net/Grabs

I really appreciate that 'chewing' is one of the options on that list of grabs.
Not surprising. Bayans are well known for chronic mastication.
i think that the fire extinguisher alternate functionality temporary blindness is the best candidate i have seen in this thread. i may have done all the work spriting the wrench club thing but i admit it introduces certain problematic balancing issues. i mainly did it because i wanted to flex my spriting muscles, contribute, and please others. a few boffs with the wrench thing and theyre helpless on the floor ready for slaughter - imagine this paired with mindslaves or revs? the fire extinguisher thing breathes new life into an existing object and should act as an adequate deterrant/tool in the arsenal, and anyone hit by it can still try to run off to extricate themselves from whatever ambush is going down