Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Space Stock Market
noticed the sick new spacebux feature. any shot we can incorporate a few randomly generated "business stock", crafted after the QM traders businesses and other in game businesses (aa secure centcom investment, a very volatile syndicate stock, discount dan's, Shitty BillCoin) that could either eat shit or give spacemen a tidy bonus as time goes on?
idk maybe it'd be cool
There is a stock market though, isn't there?
it's so cool it's already in the game!!!! i don't know where the computers are on cog1 but there's many stock market computers on cog2, i.e. net cafe, outside bridge, near QM
there is a stock market but it doesn't have anything to do with the spacebux system :/
would be cool to now add Finance as an entire division in SS13

(09-18-2017, 02:03 PM)OMJ Wrote: there is a stock market but it doesn't have anything to do with the spacebux system :/

investing in a mutually managed fund by actual players in a "finance" division round by round would also be pretty cool. entirely brand new dynamic in game.
(09-18-2017, 02:03 PM)OMJ Wrote: there is a stock market but it doesn't have anything to do with the spacebux system :/

investing in a mutually managed fund by actual players in a "finance" division round by round would also be pretty cool. entirely brand new dynamic in game.

You better add coca plants to botany, then, cuz you know those fuckers are gonna want space coke.
We did have a big thread about how merchants, the stock market, and QM should all be interrelated before

Some highlights, if my memory is accurate
  • Qm market replaced entirely with merchants
  • Merchants goods fall into one or two categories
  • Some overlapping goods mean going to different traders for the best deals in buying and selling
  • Different traders would belong to a larger merchant group/corporation/syndicate
  • These larger trading groups would have stock options
  • Stocks rise and fall depending on how well these merchants groups are doing businesswise and random events like droughts, wars, recessions, etc that would affect their supply and demand
  • The Station traders would have to manage relations with individual traders as well as their group
(09-18-2017, 01:52 PM)NateTheSquid Wrote: i don't know where the computers are on cog1

West of the public market.
Haven't spacebux been in for like, ever?
What the heck are spacebux
Spacebux were implemented yesterday. They're persistent money you get for playing (and are calculated off a base wage, the station's score, if you were "part-timer", and if you escaped on the shuttle) that you can use to buy one-round items (once you hit declare ready).
feedback for another feature, moved
I dislike the concept of the spacebux.

All these "rewards" whether it be medals, spacebux or whathaveyou all don't play off each other. In-game money is what should be looked at, which encourages interaction both good and bad, not these trivial things that either look ok (which should be for sale in-game) or mildly useful (which should be for sale in-game).

It will become a feature that will be ignored.

Much like the space stocks that is actually the point of this thread. Also Hokie, I think you might be thinking of bitcoin (buttcoin/bartcoin/etc). That became somethig Marq designed, made needlessly complicated/boring and upped and left. Lo and behold, it became something that was ignored, when in truth it actually could've been a really great thing for QM to mess around with.

This is nobodies fault really. But hell is sad to see all this disjointed crap, all these "projects" left high and dry.