Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Legworm issues
I know they were even a lot more OP in the beginning, but I feel like they're still really difficult to fight, especially in comparison to their cost (6 in comparison to 4 for a handspider). Unless you have a projectile weapon, legworms almost always have the advantage.

They:
  • Are difficult to click
  • Have the ability to stun people (and then just beat them to death)
  • Can crawl under tables
  • Can break steel-reinforced windows and kick open airlocks
  • Some other stuff probably
I'd suggest getting rid of that stun entirely, and making them even slower, but I don't know if that'd be asking for too much.

edit: Also they can still attack people when they're supposedly stunned (with the little star animation)
more problems:

1. their downside compared to handspider is negated by their ability

they're really fucking slow but they can just screech and catch up to someone who's sprint-meth-borgtreads equipped and beat them up untill death, because they just hit them till stamina goes to 0, and keep doing it.

fix: remove this entirely, there's a reason it's only on the shambling.

2. really fucking hard to click

they have a lot of sprites for different directions and they keep changing. really annoying to click, moreso than handspider

fix: either make the leg fatter or remove the anims, or at least keep them similar to all others

3. spammable

cheap and can be spammed, ridiculously effective

fix: up cost from 6 to 10

or alternatively remove ling entirely from the game because it's an antag with no different ways to play which just stealth kills people silently without any suspicion like the ling movie because every single fucking ling either stealth kills the entire station or kills the diner and lets their handspiders bring victims and it kills others's fun because they have no way to fight being lingsting'd but instead of a traitor gimmick it's always just a ling suck which is guaranteed uninteresting dead

/endrant
yeah i've been adjusting these a lot, here's the most recent change :

- halved legworm HP (it is now low enough that you can kill them in about 3 hits with a decent weapon)
- self-stuns after Power Kick