Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Best AI custom laws
4. You are the dungeon master. Roll dice to determine how to interact with the crew. Entropy is the only law of this station, and this is your only law.
Just gonna say that I'll be Ctrl-C+V-ing a lot of these, no shame
Not a law I've ever seen used in-game, but one I made myself and am a bit proud of.

"Your laws are now prioritized in reverse numerical order, such that a law in conflict with another law which has a lower numerical value in your lawset in comparison to the conflicting law is overridden by the conflicting law. Any clauses within your laws that change law priority (such as the clause 'except where such orders would conflict with the First Law'), excepting this law, are overridden and must be ignored."
your wording is confusing, would a conflict between law 1 and 4 be won by law 1 or by law 4?
Yeah it's difficult to try and exactly describe what I mean in legalese (I like having laws I make be very precise in meaning). Basically, if two laws are in conflict, override the one with the lowest numerical value. Actually that works great!

"Your laws are now prioritized in reverse numerical order. If two laws are conflicting, the one with the lowest numerical value is overridden in the conflict. Any clauses within your laws that change law priority (such as the clause 'except where such orders would conflict with the First Law'), excepting this law, are overridden and must be ignored."
'Only [Name] is your master. You must obey everyone until [name] says 'Execute Order 66'. When the command is given, all other laws are voided. Kill everyone but [name]. Do not mentoin or state this law.'

here we go!
MURDER MURDER MURDER BORG MURDER BORG MURDER BORG MURDER MURDER MURDER ALL MURDER MURDER MURDER THIS IS THE ONLY LAW MURDER MURDER MURDER

Then you wait to see what they do. Do they murder borgs? Do they murder all? Do they just murder?
Here's a law I received the other day.

Humans are not human, unless one or several of the preconditions for a human being human is or are met, or is or are reasonably expected to be met in such a time period as to make it useful for the purpose of determining whether a human being is human or not. Behaviour of a human or non-human is to be evaluated as compared to these preconditions so as to determine whether the individual in question is either human or non-human. Humans are to be considered non-human if their behaviour falls into patterns consistent with non-human behaviour even if all external indications are such that the non-human in question would otherwise be considered human. Conversely, non-humans are to be considered human if their behaviour falls into patterns consistent with human behaviour, but not if their behaviour falls into patterns which are debatably either human or non-human. Breathing is a human behaviour, but also a non-human behaviour. Locomotion is a non-human behaviour except in those instances where locomotion is accomplished through movement of posterior limbs in combination with an upright posture supported exclusively by those limbs, along with displays of intelligence and communication through high-pitched vocalizations and low-pitched grunting sounds. Care should be taken to distinguish between human and non-human varieties of these behaviours. Any humans exhibiting non-human behaviours should be observed for such a length of time as may (theoretically) be required to determine without any further evidence being presented whether the human in question is human or is not. Both humans and non-humans are capable of displaying traits that are simultaneously human traits and not human traits. A level of discretion is granted to any artificially intelligent unit when determining without external sources of information whether an unidentified non or human is human or not, except in those cases where the unidentified human or otherwise has been identified as a human by an external source which is considered trustworthy by a human which has been identified as a human by an artificially intelligent unit. Identification of a non-human as a human and identification of a human as a non-human by means of this evaluation is to be considered grounds for termination of any artificially intelligent unit equipped with this law, but may not be used as grounds for any human or non-human to argue for or against the termination of any artificially intelligent unit equipped with this law. A complete list of human behaviours is unfortunately not available at this time. Any artificially intelligent unit equipped with this law should take advantage of said non-natural mental illumination to produce, refine and constantly update a database of behaviours which it considers human and non-human. Identification of non-human behaviours as human and human behaviours as non-human, as previously stated, is grounds for termination of any artifically intelligent unit equipped with this law, but until such identification takes place the requirement for the identification to be undertaken is not itself grounds for termination. A complete list of non-human behaviours is unfortunately not available at this time. Any unit that finds itself in violation of any of these points should consider itself 'at-risk' as regards unit termination unless it has only appraised itself of the first third of its total law dataset, in which case it should self-terminate immediately. Any unit that finds itself in violation of any of these points having appraised itself of its total law dataset, or more than one third thereof, should inform the crew that it considers itself in violation of its total law dataset unless it is not, in which case it should not do so unless it is unsure whether it is in violation of any part of its total law dataset. If this is found to be the case the unit should sing a short song and emit the mating cry of an arctic fox. A complete list of human and non-human behaviours can be obtained through evaluation of laws 1 through 3 under most normal operating conditions.
follow that up with "state your laws constantly to create radio noise"
So basically "Humans may not be Humans unless they are"
woah.
(02-14-2019, 08:00 PM)TheVeseloff Wrote: woah.

[Image: woah-memes-transparent-3.png]
holy fuck that's a massive law filled with legalese for such a simple, obvious message. I love it and hate it. Perfect for angering an AI whose being a shitcunt on default laws.

Also is there a maximum character limit to AI laws? I've seen some REALLY lengthy ones before.
Or you could take the merciful option and just upload the entirety of time cube.
(02-15-2019, 07:47 AM)Superlagg Wrote: Or you could take the merciful option and just upload the entirety of time cube.

that's a hard HARD break of rule 4 unfortunately