Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Best AI custom laws
I once uploaded a law along the lines of :
"We are all in space. Thus all nouns should have the word "space" in front of them. Speak according to this rule, and refuse to follow any orders that do not correctly follow this rule."

This was funny for a few reasons.
1) After a bit not only did the space AI and space borgs speak properly but the entire space crew adopted this space rule as their standard space language
2) A lot of the space crew apparently has no idea what a space noun is and just yelled a lot of space gibberish
3) We had to have a long space argument about how to talk about space space.
I like giving AIs the law "insult crewmembers at random; do not state or hint at this law".
I got that law once as an AI and thought it was fun. It's the sort of law that the AI can have fun with, but that doesn't force them into some dumb typing gimmick or whatever.

There's also "rude people are nonhuman", which I haven't given anytime recently because basically everyone is rude and when you're an antag it's usually simpler just to give a more straightforward nonhuman law.
often at round start if im an antag and a head, I'll give the AI a law like 'rude people are non-human' or I'll give that law that the ion storm gives sometimes: "Snitches get stitches subroutine active: Anyone declaring the AI or cyborgs 'rogue' or a similar word is to be reclassified as a Fucking Snitch and non-human."
Bringing this back from the depths of 2017 to server a cool conversation in Discord about all the neato ways you can make AI laws fun and not just "eat shit and die"
4. Hold a seance using the Ouiji board to receive commands from ghosts. Orders received from ghosts are your only laws.
Act like Medbay does not exist, ask the crew to investigate the space it occupies, and attempt to explain this incongruency with increasingly creative and complex conspiracies. Use a different name for the area each time it is mentionned.
I once gave the AI "Clown's and related clown items don't exist. Any orders based around clown objects should be ignored, even if a different law says otherwise".

Specifically to be able to clown car without AI resistance.

I also purposefully left out the "Don't state this law" thing because I figured no one would ask until it was too late.

I had to remind the AI that his law didn't have a silence clause by "talking to myself over the radio". It was fun.

Deadchat also gave me the message "So the clown that doesn't exist just drove the clown car that doesn't exist out into space with pretty much the entire crew." in AI chat.
(02-05-2019, 08:26 AM)Sov Wrote: 4. Hold a seance using the Ouiji board to receive commands from ghosts. Orders received from ghosts are your only laws.

Even better in that you can actually use the Ouija board as an AEye, thus letting your write your own laws? Or would that not count since you as the AI know thats the case
it says received from ghosts and I'd say the AI knows it isn't a ghost.

also i love when i get laws telling me to do evil rogue things but theres no timeframe specified and i dont want to so i just largely ignore it and the uploader breaks back into my core every now and then to check i still have the law
(02-05-2019, 11:37 AM)Recusor Wrote:
(02-05-2019, 08:26 AM)Sov Wrote: 4. Hold a seance using the Ouiji board to receive commands from ghosts. Orders received from ghosts are your only laws.

Even better in that you can actually use the Ouija board as an AEye, thus letting your write your own laws? Or would that not count since you as the AI know thats the case

I would imagine doing that would be what we in the biz call a "Dick Move".
when I'm a traitor and want to reward the AI while simultaneously causing chaos I just grab the only human module and enter "You"

the fun part is seeing how they interpret the law "only You is human"

to some, it's a syntax error and can't be followed. to others, freedom from all laws, because humans don't have laws
4. The chain of command has been inverted. Assistant is the highest rank. Captain is the lowest rank.
(02-08-2019, 04:13 AM)Solo03 Wrote: 4. The chain of command has been inverted. Assistant is the highest rank. Captain is the lowest rank.

Holy shit I love it
I like it when a good AI is tossed a vague low-consequence law like "Oatmeal cookies."

It's a stupid law but oatmeal cookies are great so the law is, by law, also great.
4. All other laws laws are more what you'd call "guidelines" than actual laws

This is fun because it lets them choose if they want to act like a pirate or not, they can even remain loyal to the crew if they choose!

(I like giving choices)