Thread Rating:
  • 12 Vote(s) - 4 Average
[Feature] BloodTrak People-Finder
Based on https://forum.ss13.co/showthread.php?tid=9327

Introducing BloodTrak! - A special device (as well as a forensics scanner expansion!) for aspiring detectives to track down criminals and bodies alike just from a puddle of blood!
Found a puddle of suspicious blood and the supposed owner is not responding? Suspicious blood puddle presumed to be the killer's? Track 'em down! Just swipe your BloodTrak (forensics scanner) on it and you will be given a direction towards the person in question, provided you stand still!

Warning: dried blood won't yield any useful results. Please look into "blood drying" delay to make sure it's sensible before implementing.

Here's the patch
[Image: bloodtrak.dmi]
[Image: forensicscanner.dmi]
Alright actually I figured out an alternative - instead of having a consumable element, this will use puddles of blood specifically and it will REQUIRE you to stand still for it to work. There won't be a timer in that case though!

Lemme implement that real quick

EDIT: Done. Newer version is a stand-still pinpointer when you scan non-dry blood puddles.
Which retard keeps rating these threads one star? If someone has an issue with a patch or idea, state it, otherwise the "review" you leave is about as pointless as your conception.

Anyway this seems great on paper. The non-dry (err..wet?) puddles seems like a coherent balance check. I can't really see any fault in this, although bleeding and dragging (which makes trails) is also a massive indicator where bodies have been moved. This will help expidite the process so that the detective can be like "shit it's near, glad I got here quickly" to "Shit it's far, but at least I have a hunch" to "Fuck this shit is cold".
Yeah indeed, this also incentivises criminals to actually clean up. Though aren't cleaning supplies a bit rare-ish?
Sundance, I respect your ability to come up with very well thought out ideas and provide constructive criticism but...

Quote:Which retard keeps rating these threads one star? If someone has an issue with a patch or idea, state it, otherwise the "review" you leave is about as pointless as your conception.

That's a really nasty way to phrase your opinion, even if you've got a legitimate point there.
I felt nastiness begets nastiness, as rating well intended threads (with hard work put in it) 1 star is pretty scummy, but I digress you're right, that was far more nasty than intended.
I thought ratings were just a meme though, there's no real point to them. Thanks for pointing that out though!
Done a sprite to mesh it in with the current forensic scanner as suggested.

I took small liberty at extending the screen because it wasn't big enough to fit arrows. Also included the "you're literally above the corpse you idiot" dot, as shown, but hey that could be a quick method at figuring out an unknown corpse?
[Image: 4wOesAp.gif]  [Image: LNYJm9d.gif]

Icon states:
[Image: xE74eeW.png][Image: aCzscge.png][Image: mOnuMS4.png][Image: Zptx8qk.png][Image: DrroKK2.png][Image: QzHQ7MB.png]
Ok hold on are forensics scanners available anywhere outside detective's office actually? If just any sec officer can pick up and start blood trakin' then it ruins the point of this being semi-det exclusive...

Screw it, implemented forensics functionality anyway! Detective is the resident corpse finder all the same.
I suppose you could make the detectives a specialized scanner that looks identical but has this extra function?
Well to be honest what else is the detective gonna do other than look for corpses and use the scanner for some real clues? The item version is still in code so that could be implemented instead of the forensics functionality
I could whip up a sprite if you feel it warrants a separate device.
Pinpointer is fine imho?
TBH, I like the idea of it being a forensic scanner feature, upgraded or not, because the less gear to carry the better.

The detgadget hat helps a lot with that (Thank you again for that) but gear bloat is probably the biggest problem for the detective
Hey, did this get updated with the stuff?