Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Does anyone understand Pathology?
(09-16-2017, 05:11 PM)Vitatroll Wrote: That's basically what Marq did. Pretty sure you were around to remember how that went.

Yeah I remember. He decided berating players who asked him to explain how to use pathology all the time in such a extreme manner was a good idea and it ended up driving more people away from it more then the RNG stigma around it. If only he took the time to make a guide like Roomba did instead of yelling at people who were confused and asking for help.

Note: Marq was the creator of pathology and was one of the best coders goonstation ever seen in my opinion (despite how I feel that he was king of nerfing things to oblivion) but he really treated people like dirt when they told him they did not understand how to use it and asked for his help.
(09-16-2017, 05:26 PM)Ed Venture Wrote:
(09-16-2017, 05:11 PM)Vitatroll Wrote: That's basically what Marq did. Pretty sure you were around to remember how that went.

Yeah I remember. He decided berating players who asked him to explain how to use pathology all the time in such a extreme manner was a good idea and it ended up driving more people away from it more then the RNG stigma around it. If only he took the time to make a guide like Roomba did instead of yelling at people who were confused and asking for help.

Note: Marq was the creator of pathology and was one of the best coders goonstation ever seen in my opinion (despite how I feel that he was king of nerfing things to oblivion) but he really treated people like dirt when they told him they did not understand how to use it and asked for his help.
He was nothing but helpful when I was venturing to learn it in its infancy, I definitely don't remember that. Very good coder though
I remember seeing him numerous time calling people idiots when ever they complained about it or saying they did not understand it during rounds.
Marq was great at designing complex systems that probably made perfect sense in their head, but in practice left a lot of people confused or frustrated. Bless them for at least trying something with Robotics
Thank you for putting that guide together. It is much better than the lessons I used to give!
I dunno, your lessons were pretty awesome. For several rounds after, we'd all be farting and quoting Shakespeare while coughing.