Thread Rating:
  • 7 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Add a Paladin class
Rainbow 
I'd really like to see a Palain class in this game. I know it's sort of a fantasy game cliche and maybe the server admins want to maintain a "unique" Flavor for the setting but it would be cool if we had Lay on Hands or even just charisma checks for some interactions

I'm sure im not the only one so lets hear those suggestions to make the game better

(09-12-2017, 12:52 AM)Jerkops Wrote: I'd really like to see a Palain class in this game. I know it's sort of a fantasy game cliche and maybe the server admins want to maintain a "unique" Flavor for the setting but it would be cool if we had Lay on Hands or even just charisma checks for some interactions

I'm sure im not the only one so lets hear those suggestions to make the game better

edit: paladin

by the way do NOT post in this thread about adding a rogue class. this game doesnt need rogues or thief classes. thanks

Also I don't have anything to add in the way of coding skill or art but I would be willing to pay a coder or artist for contributions to this project. name your price
w a t
Voted 5, went hog wild
I've been a fan of this idea for a long time
Stop making such a pala-din. Perhaps perfect palindrome palain paladins live on time, emit no evil?

EDIT: Mr. Owl ate my metal worm. Pay me for this or else.
I dunno, I feel like with the 14 classes we have, one of which requires a lot of post game content to be done to even get, it may or may not be welcomed into the codebase. And besides, there's very few things I can think of the Paladin can do that the Chef can't beyond MAYBE buffing allies, and I'd prefer to not make two classes useless so one class can be made a thing.

I think I'd have to deny this.

Note: Saying not to add Thief when we clearly already have it kinda shows you haven't been playing the game much anyway. Just cause it's not the most popular class doesn't mean it's not played.
No. People already don't play support classes like Medical Doctor, we don't need more damage classes.
don't need it, the scientist class is already an OP all rounder
(09-12-2017, 01:11 AM)Sundance Wrote: w a t
I don't really see what sort of unique utility paladins would add, though the first interpretation my mind jumped to was "a Civilian-class job revolving around LARPing and getting stuffed in lockers for being a DORK" and I kind of like that idea. Give them crappy cardboard armor and a Nerf sword for good measure.

Something to encourage dicking around with the tabletop RPG set or the Spacemen card game would be fun.

(09-12-2017, 02:31 AM)Technature Wrote: I dunno, I feel like with the 14 classes we have, one of which requires a lot of post game content to be done to even get, it may or may not be welcomed into the codebase. And besides, there's very few things I can think of the Paladin can do that the Chef can't beyond MAYBE buffing allies, and I'd prefer to not make two classes useless so one class can be made a thing.
I'm curious about this, unless it's either some super duper secret thing or you're just talking about Head of Security.
(09-12-2017, 06:28 AM)NesMettaur Wrote: I don't really see what sort of unique utility paladins would add, though the first interpretation my mind jumped to was "a Civilian-class job revolving around LARPing and getting stuffed in lockers for being a DORK" and I kind of like that idea. Give them crappy cardboard armor and a Nerf sword for good measure.

Something to encourage dicking around with the tabletop RPG set or the Spacemen card game would be fun.

(09-12-2017, 02:31 AM)Technature Wrote: I dunno, I feel like with the 14 classes we have, one of which requires a lot of post game content to be done to even get, it may or may not be welcomed into the codebase. And besides, there's very few things I can think of the Paladin can do that the Chef can't beyond MAYBE buffing allies, and I'd prefer to not make two classes useless so one class can be made a thing.
I'm curious about this, unless it's either some super duper secret thing or you're just talking about Head of Security.

He's talking about the solnerd class, which requires you spend hours on the forums speculating about years-old puzzles and constantly pray that your content gets an update. imho, kinda useless, but it has it's charms. They haven't received any balancing passes in years, and are falling behind even QM in support capability. Just play miner if you wanna play support, solnerd is objectively inferior.
(09-12-2017, 03:08 AM)Tom Clancy Wrote: No. People already don't play support classes like Medical Doctor, we don't need more damage classes.

I don't know, I feel like people don't choose the support classes because they want to be able to defend themselves reliably with a damage class. Paladin combines those two you might see a lot more support coming from them

On a serious note I like the LARPer flavor job
I think Paladin Armor could work better as a chaplain specific gimmick. Maybe a thing that combines chaplains bible with materials science.
(09-12-2017, 06:38 AM)ferriswheel1 Wrote:
(09-12-2017, 06:28 AM)NesMettaur Wrote: I don't really see what sort of unique utility paladins would add, though the first interpretation my mind jumped to was "a Civilian-class job revolving around LARPing and getting stuffed in lockers for being a DORK" and I kind of like that idea. Give them crappy cardboard armor and a Nerf sword for good measure.

(09-12-2017, 02:31 AM)Technature Wrote: I dunno, I feel like with the 14 classes we have, one of which requires a lot of post game content to be done to even get, it may or may not be welcomed into the codebase.  And besides, there's very few things I can think of the Paladin can do that the Chef can't beyond MAYBE buffing allies, and I'd prefer to not make two classes useless so one class can be made a thing.

He's talking about the solnerd class, which requires you spend hours on the forums speculating about years-old puzzles and constantly pray that your content gets an update. imho, kinda useless, but it has it's charms. They haven't received any balancing passes in years, and are falling behind even QM in support capability. Just play miner if you wanna play support, solnerd is objectively inferior.

I'm actually just acting like we're talking about a random RPG and not about SS13.

Seriously, w a t?
Basically the chaplain. It's just that lawful good is whatever alignment the chaplain happens to be that shift.