Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Major Cloak doesn't disable with Wrestling Belt
Title. Using any of the Wrestling Belt's instant attack abilities that don't involve actually clicking your target doesn't disable the cloaking device.

While it is sort of funny to get punted around by the air, it's very difficult to fight against without a gun or thermals and is probably a bit broken.
Also, grabs and suplexes (at least when wearing the belt - I'm not sure about other instances) don't seem to disrupt the cloaking device either.
This is probably why you can't normally buy them both at the same time
(09-11-2017, 06:08 PM)Noah Buttes Wrote: This is probably why you can't normally buy them both at the same time

This is much more likely to happen on a spy round, not a traitor round. Combos normally not possible in traitor or syndie rounds can/have come up in spy, and some are absurdly powerful.
It's not uncommon for one traitor to buy a cloaking device and another to buy a belt. I'm surprised this hasn't come to someone's attention sooner.
I think it's because if a traitor is buying something like a Belt, they're probably not interested in working together with anyone else? I could be wrong.

But yeah wrastlers should probably reveal themselves if they're cloaked and decide to drop kick you across the room.
eh, this seems funny and also seems like it would happen once in a blue moon, so i'm not sure if it's that big a deal
It was funny when it happened to me a few days ago during a spy traitor round honestly, but I could see people hating it when it happens to them.

It's also a pretty nasty exploit in itself, since any spy_thief person that gets it playing objectives is basically handed an "I win" button.
I was a spy on that round and of course was murdered by the guy who got them. Out of all the spies, the only ones to have fulfilled any bounties were me and him, meaning he got them both as his own rewards. Meanwhile im sitting there with a trick revolver and syndicate sauce.

I really don't think the cloaking device should be in the reward pool to begin with.
i kind of like the idea of the kicking not breaking cloak cause imagine an invisible force kicking you in the ass and throwing you across the room. but the rest should break cloak
While cloaked, the wrestling belt should just do no damage. Same for throwing someone while cloaked. Now be a ghost.
(09-15-2017, 04:48 AM)medsal15 Wrote: While cloaked, the wrestling belt should just do no damage. Same for throwing someone while cloaked. Now be a ghost.

It still pushes people around, but not nearly as much.  Like, enough that people know they didn't accidentally move in a direction, but not enough to reliable push someone into a space hole.

Or would this still fall under abusable?