Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Doors with keypads
Rather than the standard hack wires/depower everything or just grab the RCD, what if you could brute force certain doors by just using the same bruteĀ force methods that safes use. Rather then an ID lock, certain standard doors would just use a keypad only set by the person who first locks the door.

Addendum: Detective can use his crime scene scanner to see which keypad buttons have fingerprints on them.
To go along with this: How about a way to add those number guessing and hangman puzzles to crates and doors as security features?
(09-11-2017, 01:33 PM)Frank_Stein Wrote: To go along with this: How about a way to add those number guessing and hangman puzzles to crates and doors as security features?

Only if you can booby trap it.

Make someone explode because they guessed 4 instead of 3
I also think this would be a good way to handle the security of several areas, like the armory.

Instead of the HoS having the only key, they start with a randomized combo number in their notes. Include a security PDA alert on too many unsuccessful attempts to get in. This means
  • HoS can message someone the number if they want them to be in there instead of having walk over there and open it themselves
  • Gives people who know combos a bargaining chip against being killed
  • The mind reading mutation becomes a bit more useful
(09-11-2017, 01:52 PM)Frank_Stein Wrote: I also think this would be a good way to handle the security of several areas, like the armory.

Instead of the HoS having the only key, they start with a randomized combo number in their notes. Include a security PDA alert on too many unsuccessful attempts to get in. This means
  • HoS can message someone the number if they want them to be in there instead of having walk over there and open it themselves
  • Gives people who know combos a bargaining chip against being killed
  • The mind reading mutation becomes a bit more useful

This would make the armory less shitty I think. +1
Might also give people an actual reason to use the NOTES command on 1...
Why not a mechcomp component as well?
(09-13-2017, 10:08 PM)Crystalwarrior Wrote: Why not a mechcomp component as well?
this needs to be a thing please
i think any safe code-esque or locked space crate locks on the armory would be dumb, they aren't too hard to hack, but it'd be nice to put on other doors, maybe along with needing a valid ID? scan the ID to unlock the keypad?

and yes definitely as a mechcomp component