Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Dedicated Antag Gimmick Thread
Hey. I made this thread because I don't think there's been one yet. It would be neat if we compiled our antagonist gimmicks into one big thread so that people who find it a bit difficult to come up with gimmicks that are fun for more than just themselves can have some inspiration. I don't have any right now, but I hope some of you creative people can post your ideas here.
Get a Fake mustache agent card and voice changer, pretend to be "syndie mcnottraitor" with the job not a traitor. Deny that you are a traitor the whole round
If you are ever a solo nukeop on lowpop: Instead of doing things the normal way, instead fly onto the station without any weapons and try to convince the captain to sell the station to the syndicate.
Also a thing I do as wizard that I never tell anyone normally but I guess people should know: If you give The Necbromancer weed, he won't harm you.
I've always had great fun with critter farms. You can create critter cults. You can set up fighting arenas. You can just teleport them around the station. Hell, don't even have to be an antag for the first two. Same thing can be done with zombie hoards.

Another nerdy-but-fun thing is holding hostages. It doesn't have to be a player, either. I've seen everything from Chompsky, to Sol, to the Server itself being held hostage.

Though my most common action when accidentally rolling antag is to cause as much paranoia as possible. Basically I suck at everything else so I become a toothless terrorist. You would(n't) be surprised at the number of people you can murder with a voice changer and a couple false reports.
(09-09-2017, 05:06 PM)Vitatroll Wrote: Another nerdy-but-fun thing is holding hostages. It doesn't have to be a player, either. I've seen everything from Chompsky, to Sol, to the Server itself being held hostage.

I remember as a miscreant attempting to hold people hostage because security took my heirloom (crayon) for vandalizing the station (Calling various areas as belonging to nerds) because I thought it would be a more entertaining way of getting it back.

I accidentally took a traitor hostage and ran off the second he showed off his C-Saber.
Not mine, but one of my favorite gimmicks I've seen was a person with a cloaker wearing magnetic boots who would just stand in the Airbridge's doorways so people couldn't pass through them immediately

They were called The Phantom of the Airbridge
Use the Mimic Voice as a Changeling

Create a loud, obnoxious, obvious evil character and use AGENT CARD + VOICE CHANGER/being a clown to be said character (but no stealing my trollgar/Macrobombs the Exploding Clown!)
Get loaded on stimbelts and toolbox people until they hate you. Become the space equivalent of a greased pig.
Bee golems are just bees. If it contains Bee reagent, it turns into a bee. Summon bees, wizards!
any gimmick that multiple people (who aren't just you) is a good gimmick. act like you want other people to act, dumb as that sounds in this game. be a fun traitor if you want fun traitors to be more of a thing
(cog1) steal an RCD and load it with ammo. go to observatory, throw away the moncunt and dissasemble the wall in there.

in each corner, build walls so there are two 3x3 rooms with one line going in between them.
smack a tracking beacon in the MIDDLE (important!) of each one.
make sure there is 1 unbuilt wall face to face from the holding cells. place a table there.
go buy a deck of cards from the card seller near chapel.
grab a locker and fill it with 1 emergency suit, 1 gas tank, 1 fire extinguisher and a breath mask

now for the victims:
prefferably get something like a sleepypen or baton + radio jammer. grab cuffs.
go to the (non-science) teleporter and calibrate it to one of the tracking beacons in observatory
find an isolated person, pen them, walk away, but stalk them aswell. wait till they're down, handcuff, and completely strip. leave them with only their jumpsuit on.
hand-tele them into one of the holding cells.
go to teleporter, change tracking beacon to the other beacon in observatory
repeat above for victim and transport
OPTIONAL: grab a balaclava and a fancy suit, name yourself The Gamemaster
go to them

force the victims to play a card game of your choice for their lives, the winner gets all the stuff you put in a locker. to get out, they must break the window with the fire extinguisher and go through space. this depressurizes the room and kills the loser
(09-09-2017, 06:34 PM)YoukCat Wrote: Use the Mimic Voice as a Changeling

Create a loud, obnoxious, obvious evil character and use AGENT CARD + VOICE CHANGER/being a clown to be said character (but no stealing my trollgar/Macrobombs the Exploding Clown!)

One of my non-antag gimmicks is Mimecrobombs the not-exploding Mime.

I guess my favorite antag gimmick is to be completely unsubtle and lacking any kind of finesse while playing changeling, and running around screaming "help changeling!" with an abomination arm and regeneration active.
Incompetent surgeon is fun. Or dangerously competent. Oh god, I took out your heart somehow! Help what did I do!

Nobody can tell the difference between bad surgeon and malicious surgeon.
Cowboy. Two revolvers, cowboy hat, many YEE HAWs. Get them varmints.
My favorite is playing around with the voice changer and agent card. Even if nobody falls for the trick, it´s fun to threaten myself as the captain speaking over the radio.  Cackling Aloud With Gusto