Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sugar is more lethal than a hand grenade (From the guy who wanted dabbing)
What happens when someone sets off a TTV near you? Nine times out of 10 you hear the explosion before it happens and run far enough that you can be saved with medicine and walk away a minute later with nothing lost but that box of suspicious items you had on you that were blown to hell. What happens if someone injects you with a fuck load of sugar or convinces you to eat some pill or candy with nothing but sugar? You fall on the floor and get spammed with messages saying you passed out for the next 5 minutes. It takes merely 15 to 30 seconds to murder someone with a knife in a closet and being knocked out for 5 whole minutes, even if you're safe in the bridge is still pure bullshit SO ANGRY . You may miss out on a merchant, the shuttle, a bomb threat and so much more. It's like being dead but without the ability to hang with your buddies in ghost chat or become a drone and keep playing. It's a brig without VR. It is annoying as hell, thank god nobody spams it. I think there's a problem when sugar is a more effective poison than actual poison. I don't expect an actual change or anything but at least something to do while downed (Maybe getting knocked out with a wake up time over 60 seconds puts you in a candy land with a shotgun and a katana with lots of weak enemies to kill)
A truly cautionary dietary tale. Eat less ice cream ya lardo. In all seriousness it sounds like you had a bad round, and that's just SS13. Sugar debilitates on an individual scale. A TTV eats an entire department and gibs the people in there. You learn to live with it.
Quick question, have you ever actually been poisoned, because usually it's a hell of a lot worse than this if your taking the same dosage you took in sugar? Also ttvs aren't hand grenades, actual hand grenades tend to be thrown real close with a short timer so you can't run
While I dont feel sugar is worse than poisons, the shock effects are still really dumb. I don't think anything should just reduce you to being comatose like this, especially not something this mundane. Accidentally sending yourself into glycemic shock isn't a funny consequence of your actions, it's just aggravating because if nobody comes across you you're basically out of the game. Maybe it could be tweaked to just massively reduce your max stamina, so you'd get tired after like one punch and get downed super easy in combat, maybe force walkspeed, but at least you'd still be able to do stuff.
Remember, you have the suicide command, so you're never actually permanently forced to watch nothingness.

But still, while I've only had it happen to me once and it was too far back to remember, I still feel Sugar should be a bit less effective.
like 50 sugar is enough to stun you for a long time. 100 is basically the give up point.

youkcat, i thought you couldn't even use the suicide command while stunned
<200 units of sugar does nothing bad to you. It's only 200+ that puts you into hyperglycemic shock. Also, you can suicide while in shock.
The only problem I had with it was when it was briefly popular to grow produce that would knock you out for the whole round if you ate just one.

I spent most of those rounds waking everyone up with potassium+phosphorus pills/patches.

Otherwise I don't mind it. 200u is a level you won't reach on your own unless you have slow metab or go hog wild on things that break down into sugar. Weaponizing it outside of produce takes enough effort to where you might as well run curare or something.
(09-09-2017, 09:29 AM)NateTheSquid Wrote: like 50 sugar is enough to stun you for a long time. 100 is basically the give up point.

youkcat, i thought you couldn't even use the suicide command while stunned

Tested it a round ago, and you can indeed just suicide. Also, it takes over 200 sugar to fuck you up.
Makes sense, everything in moderation, folks. Sugar also has various medications to deal with it- insulin and calomel. As people have said, the amount of sugar needed to cause serious stuns is tricky to obtain, and even tricker to actually get into an unwilling target.
i did once get into an effectively permanent sugar coma almost instantly by drinking some hellish still mixture, but that was entirely on me in retrospect
(09-09-2017, 08:58 AM)cyberTripping Wrote: Maybe it could be tweaked to just massively reduce your max stamina, so you'd get tired after like one punch and get downed super easy in combat, maybe force walkspeed, but at least you'd still be able to do stuff.
That's how I feel about it, but barring that add some warning signs that you need to cut back or seek treatment before you get to comatose and lethal levels
Sugar is mostly harmless unless you're eating pills or fruit off the floor without scanning it first, in which case there are far worse things people could put in them. Neurotoxin stun length, now that's pure BS. I should get a stopwatch and find out how long it takes to recover from a neurotoxic sting.
the wizards all flavour beans, when eaten (2 or more, usually) will send you into hyperglycemic shock for about ever. lame given the other fun chems they can have
It takes a TON of sugar to put you under like that. The threshold for passing out is 200 units, which is a lot more than someone can easily inject you with, even with a sleepypen. To inconvenience anyone with sugar, you have to mix up one of the more advanced chems that decay into a lot of sugar, and that's enough of a pain to dissuade most people - there are much simpler chems for messing people up like that. Even if you're eating floorpills, you'd probably have to eat at least two to get enough sugar in you, and you've really taken your life into your own hands at that point.