Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Less than lethal bombs
Hey

So there was an idea for pipe bombs to somehow not have an explosion under certain circumstances so the special bomb types could be used without murdering people.  Like confetti or glowstick or WEED BOMB or whatever.  So let's do that
if I remember correctly, you can stuff 1 piece of cotton in a pipebomb to weaken the Boom considerably
edit: maybe cloth?

that said, the code for pouring chems into a pipe-bomb is very old and janky as heck. It 'fills' completely with any reagent you try to pour, regardless of how much was actually available in the container.
maybe if it was updated to be a real reagent container, you could dose exact amounts of fuel to have more control over the explosion size.
Use cardboard tubes rather than a metal pipe as the casing?

(09-08-2017, 05:46 PM)mbc Wrote: if I remember correctly, you can stuff 1 piece of cotton in a pipebomb to weaken the Boom considerably

that said, the code for pouring chems into a pipe-bomb is very old and janky as heck. It 'fills' completely with any reagent you try to pour, regardless of how much was actually available in the container.
maybe if it was updated to be a real reagent container, you could dose exact amounts of fuel to have more control over the explosion size.

This could be interesting in multiple ways. Like, maybe another chem acts a bit like the timer, and by adding more you can get longer fuse times

Would also mean you'd have to make a tradeoff between explosive force and personal safety
(09-08-2017, 05:46 PM)mbc Wrote: if I remember correctly, you can stuff 1 piece of cotton in a pipebomb to weaken the Boom considerably

I posted this a long time ago, but it would be really cool if light tubes worked as reagent containers for some really wacky ass chemistry shenanigans.

Shenanigans as in WHY IS ANT SMOKE POURING OUT OF THE LIGHTS OH GOD *flashbang booms everywhere*
Maybe prank bombs should be their own thing and not bound to the pipebomb code, so that aside from everything else you don't have to play the 'harmless firecracker or big boom' guessing game every time someone tosses one.
(09-08-2017, 10:27 PM)Roomba Wrote: Maybe prank bombs should be their own thing and not bound to the pipebomb code, so that aside from everything else you don't have to play the 'harmless firecracker or big boom' guessing game every time someone tosses one.

Fireworks vending machine

was being able to pour fries into a pipebomb never fixed
oh right there was a tweak to let you empty pipebombs to account for that problem
(09-08-2017, 10:21 PM)APARTHEID Wrote:

I posted this a long time ago, but it would be really cool if light tubes worked as reagent containers for some really wacky ass chemistry shenanigans.

Shenanigans as in WHY IS ANT SMOKE POURING OUT OF THE LIGHTS OH GOD *flashbang booms everywhere*

"Why did a bird pop out of that light bulb"
You can do it with plasma, so I don't see why it shouldn't be possible with other reagents.
(09-08-2017, 04:49 PM)poland spring Wrote: Hey

So there was an idea for pipe bombs to somehow not have an explosion under certain circumstances so the special bomb types could be used without murdering people.  Like confetti or glowstick or WEED BOMB or whatever.  So let's do that

Just to be clear: the idea is to make a customizable novelty item distribution mechanism,like a banana-bomb but something other than bananas?
And not a Chem-bomb. Because Chem-bomb are basically what smoke- and Fluorosurfactant beakers assemblies are for.
Well I mean a bunch already exist

But weed bomb would be fun. Joints everywhere
(09-10-2017, 08:24 AM)poland spring Wrote: Well I mean a bunch already exist

But weed bomb would be fun.  Joints everywhere

What if when the joints hit you they immediately go in your mouth while lit
(09-10-2017, 11:53 AM)Newtonsolo Wrote:
(09-10-2017, 08:24 AM)poland spring Wrote: Well I mean a bunch already exist

But weed bomb would be fun.  Joints everywhere

What if when the joints hit you they immediately go in your mouth while lit

OMFG yes, and if it gets implemented bro-bots should get them.

It should NOT displace items already in that slot though IMO.