Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
Making your own laced cigarettes
Is there a reason we can't inject chems into cigarettes to make our own laced cigs? I don't mean rolling your own herbal remedies, I mean making your own Pro Puffs.
What if tobacco was added as a crop, and whatever chems the botanist dumped into the tray would get absorbed into that batch of cigarettes?
Maybe because cigs can be really useful (much slower and smaller amounts than, say, IVs, which can be used to your advantage) and being able to put whatever chems in them would be too much?
(09-08-2017, 08:24 AM)Flourish Wrote: Maybe because cigs can be really useful (much slower and smaller amounts than, say, IVs, which can be used to your advantage) and being able to put whatever chems in them would be too much?

You can already put any chem you want into a pill and dump it all into your bloodstream at once though.
(09-08-2017, 08:27 AM)LuigiThirty Wrote:
(09-08-2017, 08:24 AM)Flourish Wrote: Maybe because cigs can be really useful (much slower and smaller amounts than, say, IVs, which can be used to your advantage) and being able to put whatever chems in them would be too much?

You can already put any chem you want into a pill and dump it all into your bloodstream at once though.

That's not the same, though. For cigarettes, you have a slow, constant supply of chems being introduced to your body.
Doesn't smoking in general cause issues if you don't have Smoker though? (And at that point, someone with Smoker doesn't benefit from smoking omnizine anyways.)

Maybe I'm misremembering, though, but there has to be a way to add this as a feature while keeping things balanced.
a meth cig, for example, provides a long, constant amount of meth. the after-effects might be bad, but during the smoking you'll be drugged up constantly.

there is a way to make custom cigs i think? or its just the vendors have a random chem one, which sometimes has meth or something
From what I know of growing super-high potency weed (2-4k pote), it doesn't translate to higher chem levels in the bloodstream - just longer lasting doobies. Pretty sure it stays the same occasional 1u transfer.

Using frank's method, or allowing people to dust buds or splash rolling papers, would probably be the easiest methods to adjust to.

As for smoking without the smoking trait, it all depends on what you smoke. Smoking Venne just puts charcoal in your system. Robust asomna puts meth in there. Smoking just makes it where you get no reagents from smoking.

Oh and yeah. Odd cigs are wonderful. Hack a cigvend sometime. Just don't fill up mechanic with them for weeks on end or admins might spawn more black holes on you and take away all the nice things again.

frown
i thought dipping cigs into beakers of chems was a thing, unless thats a different codebase?
I think that’s TG.
For a silly idea, what if vapes were added that required vaping fluid to be effective, and made you look like a tool.

You could smoke omnizine or whatever, but people would call you mean names like vape nerd.

Perhaps you could require a portion of something like 1/3 chem to vape fluid ratio to be effective.

Nonchem-nerd vape juice could be bought from smoke machines, and while you could put your nerd drugs in this stuff, it's going to be way less effective then if you'd just mix your own vape juice recipes, like some kind of DIY vape nerd. I think Glycerol or some variant of it is already a chem recipe, and Propylene glycol could probably be added.

In short, a terrible idea where the coders add a hypospray with a slightly different sprite that requires two extra chems to dispense.
I like the idea of vaping being the implementation of this.

That depends on how willing the players are to run with the "man, FUCK vaping nerds" flavor text though.

Also, tipping a fedora while vaping causes you to ascend to a higher plane of existence and leave your mortal shell behind while Ave Maria plays.
Smoking a vape oughta leave a lingering cloud, simliar to that fart mutation
(09-08-2017, 03:33 PM)NesMettaur Wrote: I like the idea of vaping being the implementation of this.

That depends on how willing the players are to run with the "man, FUCK vaping nerds" flavor text though.

Also, tipping a fedora while vaping causes you to ascend to a higher plane of existence and leave your mortal shell behind while Ave Maria plays.

Dumb flavour idea:

Seeing someone vape causes beepsky to arrest them for crimes against fashion.
There's a Vape-o-matic right there in the code already.