Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bootprint Scanning [Forensics]
You know how stepping into blood or oil causes you to leave a short trail of bloody footprints? Well, this idea is about letting the forensic scanner scan it to identify exactly what stepped in it.

Scanning a bloody bootprint would be like scanning gloves, identifying the blood DNA, type of footwear, and assigning an ID to the specific footwear used, similar to how fingerprints work. That's about it. How does this sound?
i think it should just show what kind of shoes were worn, like 'black shoe fibers' or 'red shoes fibers' unless they are barefoot. unless of course, NanoTrasen scans everyone's shoes into a database.

edit: wait fuck gloves have their own ID don't they. aaaaaaaaalright good idea
I've seen a server do this, though it would show an icon of the exact footwear used (which is kind of OP).
I really like this though, gives a reason to switch out shoes as well as gloves, which is good practice for disguises anyway.
Wanted to implement this in a patch but then I remembered there are no footprints in 2016 release. fuck.
Come to think of it, the 2016 release IS pretty old... hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
If only there was a way to fix this problem

such as by releasing a sanitized annual version for patchers while removing sensitive pieces of code, and the annual nature of such causing little additional workload to the coders and allowing a healthier, more active patch community which has shown to be a massive boon to the longevity of gooncode

why hasnt anyone thought of such a thing before
:thinking:

edit: yknow what im just gonna make a new thread suggesting it because then I can condense all my arguments for it into a single effortpost