Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 5 Average
[Feature] DetGadget hat - Go Go Inspector Noir
(09-08-2017, 03:28 PM)Frank_Stein Wrote: Luminol is marginally useful, since blood tends to end up every where anyway, and crimers hardly ever clean blood up, so spray bottle storage being axed wouldn't be a problem if that's an issue.

Personally I'd rather make blood a better evidence, for example putting a blood sample in a special device would give you a 2-second "compass" of him similar to the nuke ops tracker. Should have a long cooldown and some limitations but it will incentivize traitors to clean up more.
thats a pretty great idea. with at least like 2 scoops of blood (as in, from two different blood things on the floor, to prevent infinitesimal amounts being used) it points in the blood's owner's direction for a few seconds, until you move, or it just points to the location they are at at the time until it is used again, so you can chase them with a delay as you scoop up more blood?

maybe the device must/can be purchased through qm, or there's one in sec at round start.
I'd say it is Detective-exclusive and if sec want to use it they'd have to ask the detective, politely or otherwise.
Small quality of life suggestion while this is still unimplemented: Make it spawn on the detective's head rather than in his office because otherwise shitters would steal it every single round. At least this way they'd have to go through the detective himself.
Can you put trick cigarettes into this?

Also you should make a traitor version that can throw primed grenades for you.

Among other things
ooooOOOO this sounds really fun
Cool stuff, some of the code is questionable however
This is still not merged so I can look over the code once again for some issues, can you point them out in the PR?
(09-10-2017, 10:22 PM)Crystalwarrior Wrote: This is still not merged so I can look over the code once again for some issues, can you point them out in the PR?

This is purely my personal opinion, but I'd do something about the following things.

- https://github.com/goonstation/goonstati...1abf1dR209

You initialize a list on the object itself, this creates a hidden init proc that slows down world/new