Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 5 Average
[Feature] DetGadget hat - Go Go Inspector Noir
Information 
(thanks to https://forum.ss13.co/showthread.php?tid=9293 for the inspiration!)

Gives the detective a Go Go Gadget hat that can contain various situationally useful things like lighters, cameras, audio logs, camera monitors and other trinkets!
[Image: unknown.png]

You can only store items that have an activation word for it, however, code-wise you can add or remove items easily just by using the list!

Here's the link!
Go go gadget support of this patch
idea: emag it to make it store ANYTHING and make it able to be rebound

"Detective McRevolver says, "csaber"
Detective McRevolver's hat snaps open and puts the cyalume saber in his hand!
Holy heck, this is amazing! Great job, The CW!
so can you switch out the thermals with other goggles? it'd be cool if so. also what happens when you take out a body bag or something, does it produce infinite amounts of body bags or just store one empty one?
This is greater than I dreamed of. Appreciate that the phrase can be customized
(09-07-2017, 03:47 PM)NateTheSquid Wrote: so can you switch out the thermals with other goggles? it'd be cool if so. also what happens when you take out a body bag or something, does it produce infinite amounts of body bags or just store one empty one?

I looks like you can only get out what you put in, so you put in 1 body-bag, you can get only 1 body bag.
From the code I see that only these items can be put in:
  • 1 Body bag
  • 1 Detective Scanner
  • 1 Zippo
  • 1 Spraybottle (!!!!, there is no check if these contain Luminol or horrid death chems)
  • 1 Hand-held camera monitor
  • 1 photo camera
  • 1 audiolog
  • 1 flashlight
  • 1 object from the catagory /obj/item/clothing/glasses
  • 15 cigs
So yeah, looks like you can put other types of goggles in there as well.

Question: I can't quite tell, but does the hat trigger whenever anybody nearby says the right pass-phrase? Could a crokk force the Dic to pull out a body back by standing really close and saying "Go go gadget Bodybag"?
No, it only listens to whoever is wearing the hat. Otherwise everyone would fuck with detectives like that.
This needs to be in the game along with GhostVR.
This is really cool
(09-08-2017, 02:26 AM)Crystalwarrior Wrote: No, it only listens to whoever is wearing the hat. Otherwise everyone would fuck with detectives like that.

Sounds like a potential feature to me.
(09-08-2017, 02:26 AM)Crystalwarrior Wrote: No, it only listens to whoever is wearing the hat. Otherwise everyone would fuck with detectives like that.

Based on my brief skim of the code, it looks like someone in the same turf as the detective could trigger it. Slipping the detective then standing above him to make his hat spew out all of its stuff should totally be the new meta.

EDIT: bonus feature, assuming it triggers like I think it does then the hat would actually attempt to put the item into your hand/mouth/etc. Detectives become walking cig dispensers.
Hah indeed that sounds amazing. And yeah, the cig is put into your mouth or hand.
(09-08-2017, 07:58 AM)Mordent Wrote: Slipping the detective then standing above him to make his hat spew out all of its stuff (...) your hand/mouth/etc. Detectives become walking cig dispensers.
(09-08-2017, 08:54 AM)Crystalwarrior Wrote: Hah indeed that sounds amazing. And yeah, the cig is put into your mouth or hand.
Already gave this a 5/5. AND IT IS NOT ENOUGH!
Luminol is marginally useful, since blood tends to end up every where anyway, and crimers hardly ever clean blood up, so spray bottle storage being axed wouldn't be a problem if that's an issue.