• 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Robotic arm glove attachments
Thinking about Robotics and interdepartmental cooperation made me think of this
  • A specialized robotic arm that by default is a useless stump
  • The Robotics can build attachments that are added to then end of that stump
  • You attach and detach these by putting them on the glove slot
  • Carry multiple attachments to change your functionality on the go
  • Cycle through functionalities/activate abilities by snapping your fingers
  • Attachment hands are less secure than normal robotic arms, and it's possible for people to pull them off of someone by targeting their augmented arm on disarm intent
Some attachment ideas:

1. Robotic hand - Functions as a normal arm
  2. Spring hand - Can shoot your fist out and punch/grab things from a short distance
  3. Rocket hand - Can shoot your hand out to punch things at a far distance. Has to be retrieved
  4. Hand bot - A hand-spider like bot you can control. Click your body to reattach it. Your control over your character returns when the hand is reattached or when you are hit
  5. Mining hand - Cycles between a mining drill, laser, and hammer 
  6. Cleaning hand - Cycles through a mop, cleaning spray, and sponge
  7. Surgical Hand - Lets you cycle through medical tools
  8. Chef hand - Lets you cycle through cutlery
  9. Security hand - Lets you cycle through a stun baton, taser, and cuff mode. The baton and taser share a small battery that can be recharged by removing the hand and placing it in a charger
  10. Mechanic's hand - Cycles through crowbar, screwdriver, wirecutters, wrench, and welder. Insulates you from electric shock
Yes good idea.
This is a great idea. It allows versatility without flooding manufacturers with a bunch of separate arms that have to be repeatedly swapped out in surgery.
I would love to be a cybernetic man collecting arm parts, I'd be like a way shittier cyborg with the caveat that people can knock me over, steal my hands and fart on me.
(09-11-2017, 02:31 PM)Nnystyxx Wrote: This is a great idea. It allows versatility without flooding manufacturers with a bunch of separate arms that have to be repeatedly swapped out in surgery.
I would love to be a cybernetic man collecting arm parts, I'd be like a way shittier cyborg with the caveat that people can knock me over, steal my hands and fart on me.

You did a great job illustrating why this isn't just a good idea, but a good GOONSTATION idea.
I just want the gogo gadget stump to be something crewmen can wear as a limb. 1+
i'd like this, more so if it's also possible to give it to borgs. especially cause if someone pulls the arm off they can't pick it back up
Love the idea.
(09-11-2017, 01:31 PM)Frank_Stein Wrote: Cycle through functionalities/activate abilities by snapping your fingers

(09-15-2017, 04:18 AM)NateTheSquid Wrote: i'd like this, more so if it's also possible to give it to borgs. especially cause if someone pulls the arm off they can't pick it back up

Wouldn't the function but greatly improved if the cyber-hand used the same interface as borgs use for their item slots?
Perhaps we could even recycle some of their modules.