Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 5 Average
medical bracelet that states preferred resurrection method
since as a roboticist you literally have to steal bodies from the genetics pile or kill people yourself if you want a decent chance at getting to make a borg, more people might play cyborg this way

so for example if when you die and are examined, it'd say that you would prefer to be brought back as a cyborg rather than being cloned. or maybe have it say DNR if you don't want to be revived/have dnr set
Yeah, please, this sounds fantastic. It definitely shouldn't be 100% binding though, and the default should be at least set to "Any form of resurrection". I've had bad experiences on other servers where as a Roboticist, there's been a morgue full of bodies which were unable to be borged because they haven't given their permission.
yes. even though there's times where i say over radio or to the roboticist/geneticist exactly what i want and they don't do that. (see, get dat fukken disk) this would hopefully fix that a little
I would recommend differentiating between "No preference" and "Preference not set" cuz in the first case, I'd usually toss that body to the roboticist but in the latter I'm more likely to try cloning first.
This is a good idea and should be implemented.

However, I fear that some people might get reported to the admins for not cloning/borging a person depending on their set preference.

Would it be considered griefing to borg someone whom wanted to be cloned after their death or and vice versa ?
I'd say it's enough of a dick move to warrant some talking to, personally.
Unless you had no choice but to borg them ofcourse.

But yeah holy shit this is amazing. Should this be visible by examining dead people as anyone ever?
(09-07-2017, 01:36 PM)Winklabom Wrote: This is a good idea and should be implemented.

However, I fear that some people might get reported to the admins for not cloning/borging a person depending on their set preference.

Would it be considered griefing to borg someone whom wanted to be cloned after their death or and vice versa ?

Seems like one of those things where sometimes, shit happens, but if you build yourself a consistent track record of going against the preferences, yeah, something should be done cuz it suggests yer kinda of antisocial butt.
(09-07-2017, 01:36 PM)Winklabom Wrote: This is a good idea and should be implemented.

I think, since you getting brought back into the game depends on another individual entirely anyways, that purposefully being brought back as something you don't want to be isn't really griefing.  You can certainly yell at the person and try to convince them to do the other thing, but 9/10 of the time I imagine most people are just happy to be able to play again.
After all, if you're being an annoying shit about it, there's not much between them simply not reviving you again to borg you or just ripping your brain out if you want to be cloned again and jamming you into the reclaimer.

Besides, if someone gibbing your corpse or cooking it into hamburgers as a non-antag isn't griefing, I don't see why this would be.
Personally, I see borging as a backup to cloning, used when cloning is out of the question. Or when you want to build a deadly robot army. Then again I don't play a roboticist and treat their department as a limb factory guarded by a window.

But, I like it, I'd totally be down with respecting the wishes of the pwnt.
I would really like this to be a thing. (with the caveat that you must, in the case of gibbing, FIND the arm with the bracelet on it)
(or the bracelet itself, thrown across the room)

I would definitely follow the bracelet directions of the person that died unless I hated their guts. It should not become admin punishable either way tho. Doctors have enough to keep track of.
This is a Good Idea ™
As a roboticist, I always try to steal bodies from the cloning lobby in order to continue the eternal feud between man and machine.
If this comes to fruition there needs to be a "Send to kitchen" option
(09-16-2017, 12:11 PM)John Warcrimes Wrote: If this comes to fruition there needs to be a "Send to kitchen" option

Have it automatically change into "send to kitchen" if you enable DNR.
(09-16-2017, 12:34 PM)Lord Birb Wrote:
(09-16-2017, 12:11 PM)John Warcrimes Wrote: If this comes to fruition there needs to be a "Send to kitchen" option

Have it automatically change into "send to kitchen" if you enable DNR.

Or Chapel, too! But yeah, it'd be AWESOME to know if someone is DNR before you drag em to medley.