Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Crookes's GAME FIXES THREAD
Take these individually, please don't say these are bad ideas as a whole, but I didn't want to make 6 threads and clutter the forum.

1. Buff Power Sinks at least 3x preferrably 5x-10x (way too weak you need more than 2 to do anything with semi-competent engineers (read: starting engine))
2. this one is a bit more controversial but MAKE GUARDBUDDIES STAY IN RESEARCH SECTOR, them roaming station is super lame.
3. add a shake feature to artistic toolbox by using it in hand you shake the souls out
4. buff red chainsaw to have its own backpack come with it, the backpack is able to store large as heck items but same amount, looks the same as a regular backpack (Stores red chainsaw).
5. make non research buddies not care about traitor items, they may just say someone is carrying an item or tell them they should drop that before they hurt themselves.
6. Give the CE a LARGE MAJESTIC OWL, Delivers letters/packages/gifts to locations maybe, he needs it to keep him from going insane and murdering everyone, maybe.
7. remove fun
Well, ok

Quote:1. Buff Power Sinks at least 3x preferrably 5x-10x (way too weak you need more than 2 to do anything with semi-competent engineers (read: starting engine))

Are you serious? A well placed power sink (I mean well placed) can fuck up the entire station. People are using power sinks wrong, you shouldn't use them at the start of the round, use them past the 25 minute mark when security are stating to get a little busy. Don't forget a power sink can easily kill an AI.

Quote:2. this one is a bit more controversial but MAKE GUARDBUDDIES STAY IN RESEARCH SECTOR, them roaming station is super lame.

Then they're not guardbuddies, really. I think instead they should remove the roaming option all together, because they should be guarding targets, not being securitrons. Replace roaming with guard (x) where x is an area, so like Guard research, or Guard Security, in which they patrol that specific area. Then we're talking business.

Quote:3. add a shake feature to artistic toolbox by using it in hand you shake the souls out
You can already take the souls out. Open the toolbox, those boxes have all your kills stuff, just dump the boxes.

Quote: 4. buff red chainsaw to have its own backpack come with it, the backpack is able to store large as heck items but same amount, looks the same as a regular backpack (Stores red chainsaw).

I like this idea. You get a red chainsaw, and a big bag for it, which can do store other things apart from the big mean assistant-cutter.

Quote:5. make non research buddies not care about traitor items, they may just say someone is carrying an item or tell them they should drop that before they hurt themselves.

I know guardbuddies are supposed to be nice compared to the securitrons, but that's a bit much.
Although I wish guardbuddies would recognise different forms of harm, you can strangle it's target, but it won't do anything. Or least I've observed.

Quote:6. Give the CE a LARGE MAJESTIC OWL, Delivers letters/packages/gifts to locations maybe, he needs it to keep him from going insane and murdering everyone, maybe.
Lol. But jokes aside, I think the CE should get a fancy computer in his office where he can check out where hull damage is/electricity outtage/etc, displayed on a map. This has been suggested before I think.
Sundance Wrote:Well, ok

Quote:2. this one is a bit more controversial but MAKE GUARDBUDDIES STAY IN RESEARCH SECTOR, them roaming station is super lame.

Then they're not guardbuddies, really. I think instead they should remove the roaming option all together, because they should be guarding targets, not being securitrons. Replace roaming with guard (x) where x is an area, so like Guard research, or Guard Security, in which they patrol that specific area. Then we're talking business.

yeah this is the most important thing really that's what I care the most about.
Its only been since mushroom that they leave research and Ive always disliked it
Sundance Wrote:Replace roaming with guard (x) where x is an area, so like Guard research, or Guard Security, in which they patrol that specific area. Then we're talking business.

Yes, do this. (but maybe still allow EMP'd buddies to roam around aggressively)?
I've been thinking about making some of the huge items fit on the belt slot, but have the sprites be covered by coats. Hide a shotgun under your leather coat.
Why not have that take up Exosuit, Cogs? Coats can conceal them, otherwise they are slung over your shoulder or something.
make shotguns work like derringers except only let them be put into overclothes

this is a joke but I would be completely on board if it were actually implemented.
Alternatively: Give coats a special pocket in each coat. It can fit one item. This includes guns. Not all coats would have them, as armor, biosuits, etc. would have no room. Detective's jacket or Beepsky's Old Coat, though, would.
I think other builds' "suit storage" works that way, it's a slot that appears on your UI but won't hold anything if you don't have the right kind of exosuit

labcoats, trenchcoat, detective's coat, maybe captain's armor should all have it?
Should be able to put taser/stun baton in security armor, detective's revolver in his coat, egun in the cap's armor. Make it specific on what you can store in it.
Sord213 Wrote:Should be able to put taser/stun baton in security armor, detective's revolver in his coat, egun in the cap's armor. Make it specific on what you can store in it.
I like this idea. Alot.
A pickaxe/laserdrill for miner suits or heavy armor, white overcoat.. err..
I'm not feeling very creative, but essentially it overall should be specific like stated.
But this probably won't get implemented because it's too similar to TG, w/e.
I love the idea of being able to carry certain things in a coat/armor/labcoat. There have been many times when wearing a cool outfit AND having room to carry loot in your backpack while placing your gun/baton in a pocket has been a dream I pined for. I think this would be a very cool addition to the game.