Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
pay TC to remove job limits on traitor items
i do not like that there are job specific traitor items. a lot of them go unused because of this.

you should be able to pay a small amount of TC to remove this barrier and allow the purchase of any and all traitor items regardless of occupation
I guess you could consider the surplus crate to be this, kind of.

I get what you're trying to get at but, honestly, letting someone with easy all-access have this would be a bit debilitating to every other player in the round.

Traitor Captain+Port-a-Puke+Stun Baton=fun times for the traitor, but lord damn.
(09-06-2017, 10:59 AM)NesMettaur Wrote: I get what you're trying to get at but, honestly, letting someone with easy all-access have this would be a bit debilitating to every other player in the round.

Traitor Captain+Port-a-Puke+Stun Baton=fun times for the traitor, but lord damn.

this. people would abuse the thing so much
This would just lead to combos like the cloaker and c-saber of the old days. Gonna have to say no as it would not be balanced at all.
(09-06-2017, 12:46 PM)NateTheSquid Wrote:
(09-06-2017, 10:59 AM)NesMettaur Wrote: I get what you're trying to get at but, honestly, letting someone with easy all-access have this would be a bit debilitating to every other player in the round.

this. people would abuse the thing so much

I LITERALLY was part of this happening, as a Captain's mind-slaved HoP (he got a port-a-puke from surplus crate) and it was fricking CARNAGE. CARNAGE! The situation you picked to demonstrate your point is VERY accurate. I swear we got like twenty-something people into that damn Puke.
(09-06-2017, 01:08 PM)Ed Venture Wrote: This would just lead to combos like the cloaker and c-saber of the old days. Gonna have to say no as it would not be balanced at all.

yes it wouldn't be balanced but how the heck are people who spend more TC going to get an op combo of more than the starting TC which any job can get.

cloak = 6
c-saber = 7 (i think)
unlocking all job specific items would probably = 3

cloak and saber are both purchasable by any job.
There's a reason I used the words "Old Days" You can no longer buy both a Cloak or a c-saber in the same round. Because it was OP. This idea reminds me of that combo as it would lead to other OP combos. The only way this idea would work is if all the traitor gear was rebalanced. Be it from how they function to how much they cost or changing up the prices drastically. Which I don't see happening.