Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Give the Detective a "Crime Kit"
This is mostly a QoL thing, and maybe it only affects me, but whenever I'm a Detective I fill an evidence box with most of the items I can use for gathering physical evidence. This usually includes:
  • Spectrometer goggles
  • Vr goggles
  • Forensic scanner
  • Camera
  • Tape recorder
  • Camera monitor
  • Body bag
Now, I could probably slim that down, but it would be incredibly convenient if these items were already assembled in a unique container.

Detective is probably one of the most inventory extensive roles with the amount of gear they get, flavor items like cigarettes and booze, and needing to collect evidence. Speeding up the process of getting everything together and organized speeds up the process of me sneaking around bushes and trash cans while spying on people for dirt.
This would make being a detective hella easier and HELLA more useful for sec.
However, I think just having a "crime kit" storage wouldn't be enough, as it'd just be yet anoter box instead of something really QoL.
How about delegating Camera, Tape Recorder and Camera Monitor functionality to PDA files and give detective his own DET-NOIR cartridge or something?
Put all those functionalities into their hat, inspector gadget style.
Go Go Gadget Body bag!

Man, the unreleased episodes were really dark...
This is a great idea.
(09-06-2017, 10:08 AM)Superlagg Wrote: Put all those functionalities into their hat, inspector gadget style.
1. Make the tech-hat only verbally activate, so the detective being too shitfaced means he can't use his tools and therefore he must remain in sobriety hell

2. This will also lead to indiana jones style lucky hat recoveries and I'm ok with that
(09-06-2017, 10:08 AM)Superlagg Wrote: Put all those functionalities into their hat, inspector gadget style.

I was only asking for these things to be in a unique box at round start but this is better

the MULTI HAT

includes a gun module, able to blast criminals while your hands are free, letting you use effectively 3 GUNS!

integrated DET-SCAN PRO module, where you can just bap anything suspicious and it spits out the prints and evidence!

featuring 4 types of goggles, ready to slide down at any time! thermal imaging, spectroscopic, sec-hud and det-vr, all at the press of a button!

the hat also has a portable cigarette manufacturer and acts as a lighter! revolutionary!

and you can tip it like a fedora!
it'll really suck if it gets stolen off you though
holy fucking shit I'd actually LOVE that

Gun module is a huge no though imo

you know what DIBS ON THIS, I'M GONNA FUKKEN CODE IT.
i was more thinking of a hatvolver, either holding it in your hand and shooting it like a revolver or having to aim every shot like the eye-lasers, nerfing it a bit i guess
This is almost done, expect a patch soon.
Camera, Tape Recorder and Camera Monitor on PDA? Hold pants, imma shit myself with joy.
Will you be adding them to the Cyborg-cart as well?