Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Pickpocketing
Simple idea. Just have it where removing items from someone's pockets doesn't give any indication and it puts the removed item directly in your hand.

I'd like to emphasize on the "puts the removed item directly in your hand" part. TG has pickpocketing, but it's a bit useless, because although there's no indication, the pickpocketed item falls on the ground once removed, giving you away immediately.
So, can you clarify? Do you mean the pickpocket gun, or some intent finagling, or what? Please elaborate! smile
they seem to just mean instead of the current taking other people's stuff system, make it this?

pickpocket gun is a thing for a reason, sadly it doesn't get used much cause 3 tc is too much and it's like mechanic only
Idea.

Pickpocketer. -2

You're really good at "borrowing" things. Taking things from others doesn't display text and only you can see the progress bar.
Doing the trait
I dunno, this just sounds like it will make people maim anyone who goes to an adjacent tile of them.
Maybe make the pickpocket gun cheaper and/or shove it in the random locked crates or somewhere in the debris field.

I just don't think it will contribute anything positive to the game.
Honestly that's a pretty bad idea. What would be the purpose of the trait, aside from encouraging stealing and standing more than one tile away from other people?
No thanks I hate this
Yeah now that I think about it no traits should encourage general dickbaggery.
I already go into alert mode whenever someone moves up next to me, even if they just zipped by; brief contact is more than enough time for a queued-up click to sleepy/sting you into next week. I don't need another reason to flip the fuck out just cus someone touched me.
I'm for this just being a thing, without a trait, provided it's only the pockets it works on and there's a fail chance that gives alert text.

Tbh, we're already jumpy when people get near us, so I don't see many people being that affected
I disagree. It just gives people the opportunity to be discrete assholes and steal your shit and then run away. At least with lings and sleepy pens, you have a reaction time, and the people doing that to you are antags (ie. they have some legitimate reason to).
Maybe the trait should be changed so that it only happens when you steal something from pockets.

Though when I think about it I feel like it would be hilarious for someone to get stripped for "Seemingly" no reason whatsoever.

Or maybe make it -3?
To clarify, what I mean is that when you remove an item from someone's pockets, it won't display any indication for the one being pickpocketed. Preferably, it would also immediately stick the removed item in your hand, rather than it falling on the ground.

(09-06-2017, 08:18 AM)Frank_Stein Wrote: I'm for this just being a thing, without a trait, provided it's only the pockets it works on and there's a fail chance that gives alert text.

Tbh, we're already jumpy when people get near us, so I don't see many people being that affected

I don't know if adding an RNG element would be a good idea. People simply wouldn't use it, unless the failure rate was awfully low.
(09-06-2017, 05:56 PM)Hikurac Wrote: To clarify, what I mean is that when you remove an item from someone's pockets, it won't display any indication for the one being pickpocketed. Preferably, it would also immediately stick the removed item in your hand, rather than it falling on the ground.

I don't know if adding an RNG element would be a good idea. People simply wouldn't use it, unless the failure rate was awfully low.

So even more annoying and gives even more reason for people to be assholes