Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Make the trait 'addict' less punishing
So I had a lark, joined the RPG-server as a HoP, which was deserted, with the 'addict'-trait:
-You spawn with a random addiction. Once cured there is a small chance that you will suffer a relapse.

And I got a Methamphetamine addiction, which is probably the easiest of the addictive chems to deal acquire.
Except the withdrawal hit right from the start!
I managed to make it into chemistry, but by the time I had cooked up a batch, the damage from withdrawal had already put me into deep critical condition, and no amount of Meth could keep me alive at that point.

And this was under more or less perfect conditions. I was able to run to the bridge, get access, run to the lab, and brew unobstructed. And I still didn't make it.

So yeah, the 'addict' trait seems like certain death about 5 minutes into the round. I'd imagine a more skilled player could have gotten further, but still...

So I propose making things a bit easier. Either make the withdrawal problems less instantly lethal , give a player starting with addict a slight delay before the addiction kicks in, give the addict a bottle of the drug as their trinket.

Messages In This Thread
Make the trait 'addict' less punishing - by The Grim Sleeper - 09-05-2017, 02:29 AM