Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
how is space station invading your life
it's not Smug
(09-05-2017, 12:23 AM)Musketman12 Wrote: sometimes i have dreams about ss13
same
i play dnd with a lot of goonstation people now
I no longer know what the word "robust" means.
(09-05-2017, 02:34 PM)Lord Birb Wrote: I no longer know what the word "robust" means.

ro·bust
rōˈbəst,ˈrōˌbəst/
adjective

1.strong and healthy; vigorous.
"the Caplans are a robust, healthy lot"
synonyms:strong, vigorous, sturdy, tough, powerful, solid, muscular, sinewy, rugged, hardy, strapping, brawny, burly, husky, heavily built;

2.(of wine or food) strong and rich in flavor or smell.
synonyms: strong, full-bodied, flavorful, rich
"a robust red wine"
(09-05-2017, 02:36 PM)Technature Wrote: ro·bust
rōˈbəst,ˈrōˌbəst/
adjective

1. 1.strong and healthy; vigorous."the Caplans are a robust, healthy lot"synonyms:strong, vigorous, sturdy, tough, powerful, solid, muscular, sinewy, rugged, hardy, strapping, brawny, burly, husky, heavily built; 2.(of wine or food) strong and rich in flavor or smell.synonyms:strong, full-bodied, flavorful, rich"a robust red wine"

Yes but
that is just like, one definition
when you play 2d spacemen you begin to know robust as simultaneously an adjective and a verb.
(09-05-2017, 02:37 PM)Lord Birb Wrote:
(09-05-2017, 02:36 PM)Technature Wrote: ro·bust
rōˈbəst,ˈrōˌbəst/
adjective

1. 1.strong and healthy; vigorous."the Caplans are a robust, healthy lot"synonyms:strong, vigorous, sturdy, tough, powerful, solid, muscular, sinewy, rugged, hardy, strapping, brawny, burly, husky, heavily built; 2.(of wine or food) strong and rich in flavor or smell.synonyms:strong, full-bodied, flavorful, rich"a robust red wine"

Yes but
that is just like, one definition
when you play 2d spacemen you begin to know robust as simultaneously an adjective and a verb.

Actually, that's two, the paragraphs fucked up.

Fixed now.
Oh yeah, I also sparked a decently-ranging bar debate around town on whether space would be the BEST place for a Vampire or the WORST. That was actually a super-positive invasion.
You should all be ashamed of yourselves fyi
since i started playing i got a job as an astronaut
(09-04-2017, 10:09 PM)Technature Wrote: Robust is a word I will always mentally point out to myself as "Not meaning what I think it means".
That one.

As well as having farty 2d dreams back when I played basically every day.

That's about it. I was always quite compatible with this game in terms of disgust-humor, dad-jokes, butt-obsession, etc. As for clowns, I still find real ones creepy if framed creepily, and still find them silly if framed normally.
I had a really weird ss13 dream a couple of nights ago:

I discovered that the ss13 ship was really a VR playground kind of thing, where all the rooms were actually empty rooms in this VR playground that was attached to a grocery store (or target / walmart or other equivalent kind of general store) that you access through a small tunnel underneath or behind a row of booths in the store's seating / dining area.

You'd put on the VR thing (or access it some other way) and you'd be logged into ss13.

People, the regulars that play, would keep the VR area maintained and some of them basically lived there close to full-time.

So they could spend days/weeks there at a time and had formed a little hobo community.

It was fucking weird.

I never really got to see how toolboxing someone worked... but there were definitely scenarios where people would sit at a table together or get in bed together :giggity:

edit:
Also lately if my wife comes into my office (read as: man-cave of disappointment) to talk to me and sees ss13 on the monitor she just sighs, turns around and leaves.
You must be terminated.

You know too much.
you know, the classic "robust" definition thingy
that's about it though
Definitely the robust thing, I have to remind myself whenever I read things that robust doesn't mean what I think it means.

I've also had a dream where I was hiding behind a bush from a horror-formed changeling, complete with the spooky emergency lights and strangely silent radio.