Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[FEATURE] New food recipes/items
[Image: YtHddGD.png]

Okay, birthday cupcakes for bees are finally added! Bee chef approved bee

One known issue is that when you cook birthday cupcakes or bee kibble for the appropriate amount of time, when you try to eat them, it'll simultaneously have been a terrible idea and also tasted amazing. I'll fix that in a bit.

Also, pickles can now be extracted for pickle juice, which now has a chance of decaying into charcoal and/or antihol.
The known issue has been fixed. It's not fancy or ideal in terms of flavor, but it works.
I highly recommend these actually work when implemented, unlike the scottish food that was broken for months
I'm going through implementing this, it looks like you missed the actual items for eggtoast/elviseggtoast in the code.

These also need entries in To Serve Man.
(09-11-2017, 11:40 PM)Mordent Wrote: I'm going through implementing this, it looks like you missed the actual items for eggtoast/elviseggtoast in the code.

These also need entries in To Serve Man.

I completely forgot to update bread.dm, my bad. The actual items are there now.

I added an entry for onion chips, but I'm not sure if I should add any of the others, since they don't seem to really follow the trend. I would add eggs on toast, but bacon on toast and cheese on toast aren't there either. Should I just go ahead and add all three?
(09-12-2017, 05:14 AM)Flourish Wrote: I added an entry for onion chips, but I'm not sure if I should add any of the others, since they don't seem to really follow the trend. I would add eggs on toast, but bacon on toast and cheese on toast aren't there either. Should I just go ahead and add all three?

Bee kibble, the birthday cupcake, and onion chips are sensible for To Serve Man... maybe tack the bee ones in their own little section at the end?

Butt-er I'm torn on. The book probably needs a bit of an overhaul to make it more usable anyway, so (to save me looking) if the recipe for mayonnaise is in there then put the recipe for butt-er in there for now, and I'll take a pass at it at some point. Ditto for pickles.

Also, just skimming the code for the birthday cupcake, I'm reasonably sure there's some screwiness around its specialOutput function, specifically reagents are added in both specialOutput and in New for the actual item?
(09-12-2017, 11:07 AM)Mordent Wrote: Bee kibble, the birthday cupcake, and onion chips are sensible for To Serve Man... maybe tack the bee ones in their own little section at the end?

Butt-er I'm torn on. The book probably needs a bit of an overhaul to make it more usable anyway, so (to save me looking) if the recipe for mayonnaise is in there then put the recipe for butt-er in there for now, and I'll take a pass at it at some point. Ditto for pickles.

Also, just skimming the code for the birthday cupcake, I'm reasonably sure there's some screwiness around its specialOutput function, specifically reagents are added in both specialOutput and in New for the actual item?

Recipes have been added! The use of periods is a bit inconsistent - I was unsure which style to stick with.

Looking back, yeah, that was a dumb way to code it. I've simplified things.